Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

This is an odd one, but still in the audio realm. A Concept4 16 channel/8 zone amplifier for $31.99. C4-16AMP3-b. Saw it on the shelf at the thrift here in our area with it's rear facing out and all I saw was the 32 big golden binding posts and 16 gold RCA jacks and it caught my eye. Had to look it up to figure out what the heck it was. Apparently it's pretty high end stuff for home automation and sound. Has input for 8 analog sources and each output can be assigned to whatever input of the 8 available that you want. 120watts/ch Parametric equalizer adjusts any of the outputs via an app of some sort. These don't appear cheap.

Only problem is how do I test it?!

This is an odd one, but still in the audio realm. A Concept4 16 channel/8 zone amplifier for $31.99. C4-16AMP3-b. Saw it on the shelf at the thrift here in our area with it's rear facing out and all I saw was the 32 big golden binding posts and 16 gold RCA jacks and it caught my eye. Had to look it up to figure out what the heck it was. Apparently it's pretty high end stuff for home automation and sound. Has input for 8 analog sources and each output can be assigned to whatever input of the 8 available that you want. 120watts/ch Parametric equalizer adjusts any of the outputs via an app of some sort. These don't appear cheap.

Only problem is how do I test it?!

Pictures, or it didn’t happen! Always wanted to use this emoji! :D

:needpics:

That is a pretty cool looking unit. I don’t see a USB port, but I do see an Ethernet port. Go to the companies site and look for the software and owners guide. Most companies post the owners guide and software/firmware on their site. It is good business.

Did you see what those sell for?

I did, right!? :eek2: I saw it initially and did not get it. Looked it up when I got home and ran back and got it just for that reason. And why I need to be able to test it. I don't typically don't buy to flip and make money, but this may be a great piece to do that with to help feed the fun part of my hobby.

That is a pretty cool looking unit. I don’t see a USB port, but I do see an Ethernet port. Go to the companies site and look for the software and owners guide. Most companies post the owners guide and software/firmware on their site. It is good business.

I did just that. They do a ton of stuff and have a lot of similar products so the web site is pretty extensive, but it was difficult to find the exact manual. I eventually found it and read through it. Seems kinda cool and frankly would make for a cool way to have have a bunch of speakers to flip through in a collection if the amp section is any good. I think I saw it is class D. I think the company also own Triad which is good stuff.

hi all
been awhile since i posted in this thread
i have downsizing
but cant help but look anyway
but been doing good job at saying no
until today
yard sales are just starting here

found a yamaha a-450
she wanted $2.00!
i gave her $20.00 untested .... it works but has a bent balance pot

then stopped and saw my scrap yard friends
i think i may have scroed!!!

phase linear 400 ..... i havn't tested ... its in very good shape and powers up :)
spectrum 10 band eq sge-204l ... lights up
dynaco pat 4 pre ... doesnt light up :(

and a full matched sears pro system including TT
not great ... put looks purdy :)

all for $00.00

if i flip any of it
they will get a cut .... you cant bite the hand that feeds

gonna be testing tomorrow after a trip to mom's place :)

20180512_172315 (Small).jpg

20180512_173419 (Small).jpg

20180512_174931 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
woops
bad bottom pic and an upside down power amp!
hope the bass dos'nt got to the tweeters :)
Is the black stuff in the second picture the Sears stuff? I would have taken it for free just for the knobs. It's a nice looking pile.

Careful with the Flame Linear.

yes the black stuff is sears pro series
it looks nice ... rumours say sansui clones [ i wouldnt hold my breath on that tho ] ....... but its all made in korea
sounds ok tho ... i've had other pieces

Other than a PA speaker I know nothing about this but figured it was worth $60.Powers up but that is the extent of my testing.edit..5.13 its a guitar amplifier.Cool .My daughter has a guitar so I'll be able to try it out.

Attachments

• 5.13.2018 044.jpg
    5.13.2018 044.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 5.13.2018 042.jpg
    5.13.2018 042.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 5.13.2018 045.jpg
    5.13.2018 045.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
yes the black stuff is sears pro series
it looks nice ... rumours say sansui clones [ i wouldnt hold my breath on that tho ] ....... but its all made in korea
sounds ok tho ... i've had other pieces

Yes, that’s a score! Congrats, or should I say condolences :D

I totally understand what you mean though. I’m doing the same there here. Started two years ago before my wedding. I had to make space for my wife’s stuff. I was doing well too, with just a few things left to sell, and then someone contacted me and offered me a lot at a very nice price. I got my investment back after I sold two items. And then another lot came my way, and I was back where I started from. Last spring, I did the same thing. Was almost there again, and then I got 2 more lots. Now I have more excess gear than I had two years ago! And I’m downsizing again. If only no-one offers me a lot I can’t turn down. I’ve already turned down two chances, and did a straight trade on another potential lot.

Thing I miss the most is always having ready spending cash in my pocket. They feed each other and grow bigger every time!

Careful with that phase linear! I believe some of their units didn’t have speaker protection and could send out dc to your tweeters on power off. Recommend you turn down the preamp, and turn off the amp before powering off anything else. My Bose 1801s were the same way, and a previous owner put in fuses at the outputs on one, and I had my tech put in electronic speaker protection in my other one. I never worry about it, but I still have to remember to turn off the other one first or I blow my fuses! That can add up!

Great find! They should be quite rewarding!

Back
Top Bottom