Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

The big three, Steinway, Bosendorfer, and Bluthner all have a following so this might have some value. It is probably easy $250 but moving is a problem.

It was rough. Had it been clean I would have probably been tempted. My piano skills suck but that would have motivated me to practice for a while.

Saturday GW Buy the Pound visit. Lots of albums lately, but much of it is easy listening or trashed. Not music related, but I went next door to the retail store and I found 4 models new in the boxes. I never find models there so I must have hit right. They were less than $3.00 each with my discount card.

001 (11).JPG 002 (17).JPG 003 (13).JPG

Cool find on those models! Get out the glue:)

I'd get out the glue, but it always gives me a headache.

473292408f4b8fbfde36688.jpg

Worked the morning shift today, so I had the opportunity to check out a local thrift that's closed by the time I normally wrap up for the day. Inside I found a clean-looking pair of EPI 120's. The tag said $70. After some internal debate and a brief inspection, I grabbed 'em. The cashier informed me that they were 50% off because they had a blue tag, the discount color for the day. Hot diggity dog! $35 later, and they're now sitting in my sunroom waiting for a demonstration...but first, I need a nap.:boring:

Sony Dream Machine am/fm digital alarm clock. Love the big @3" numbers for $5 and it looks good sitting by the stereo. Pic is borrowed but is the same model.
dream_machine.PNG
Also a cheap Sony passive, ported subwoofer. Wanted to see how one would sound with my Infinity rs1 bookshelf speakers. For $5.99 it added a nice low end to them. What I really want is a non ported active, but this will do for now.

Just bought and set-up a pair of AR M2s. Not bad, definitely worth the $34.98 at St V's. Not the most beautiful things, plastic/formica(?) grey but sound quite good.

Between a pair of KEF K120s and Def Tech BP7006s. EDIT: I had to reposition them after this pic. To get to that 'sweet spot' of holographic imaging while seated I had to put them lower.

ARM202.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom