Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I'm pretty sure I have a dust cover for that table.Been keeping it for fifteen years until I or someone needed it.May need a bit of polish but its in good condition.Its yours if you want it.The DCMs will definitely need to be refoamed.

Wow I'm shocked, that is unexpectedly generous of you! If it does end up being the one I need I'd like to return the favor and at least send you a gift card.

Wow I'm shocked, that is unexpectedly generous of you! If it does end up being the one I need I'd like to return the favor and at least send you a gift card.
When you pull the sock off those 250s, do it outside or at least in the garage. The black foam surface of the cabs deteriorates and makes an awful mess that is at once both dusty and oily. You don't want it getting on your carpet.

When you pull the sock off those 250s, do it outside or at least in the garage. The black foam surface of the cabs deteriorates and makes an awful mess that is at once both dusty and oily. You don't want it getting on your carpet.
Kinda disappointed to hear they will probably need a refoam, I have some standard 6.5 foam I hope that will do. I don't need another project lol, I may have left them for the next guy if I had thought about it. All the DCM's I have had - had rubber if I remember correctly. Thanks for the pointer- it should only take an hour or two hopefully. I have 2 pairs of TimeWindows that I have not taken the sock off either, you may see one pair in the background of the pic.

Never expected to find this at goodwill. At least not so soon, in practically new condition. The tedious setup process makes me think that's why someone got rid of it.
ygoc4aH.jpg

Kinda disappointed to hear they will probably need a refoam, I have some standard 6.5 foam I hope that will do. I don't need another project lol, I may have left them for the next guy if I had thought about it. All the DCM's I have had - had rubber if I remember correctly. Thanks for the pointer- it should only take an hour or two hopefully. I have 2 pairs of TimeWindows that I have not taken the sock off either, you may see one pair in the background of the pic.

I think that many DCM 250's have rubber surrounds also. I'd be cautious about digging into them too quickly.

What is it?

Digital bathroom scale? I dunno.

It's a fitbit aria, "Smart" scale. Hooks up to wifi, and automatically syncs your weight and BMI with the fitbit smartphone app. Gives you graphs on weight loss progress, and "badges" or mini goals to motivate you. I personally lost 35lbs with fitbits tracker and app. I had wanted one of these scales, but decided it wasn't worth the $100+ it retailed for.

View attachment 1353836 I love the little Minimus 7 speakers, and pick them up whenever I can find them for less than $15. I have them in black, silver and wood, but for the past few years the white ones have eluded me. I only found two pairs of those and they were much, much more expensive than my self-imposed limit. But today, St. Vincent de Paul came up with this clean pair in my price range. So, my quest has ended. I just hooked them up to a NAD7240PE, played The Nutcracker on them, and they sound g-o-o-o-d!

I just landed a pair of Minimus 7W, series A for $10. Slight dimple in one dome, will pull out no problem.

I snapped up a pair of Electro Voice Aristocrats, both had EV 12W, T35 and one had the T25A with the horn. The cabinets are in decent condition but will clean up. Got the pair for $20. They will need a little repair but for $20 ?

You did great. I'm listening to a pair. Unless equipped with a 12TRXB or similar, it's rare to find a pair that match. Mine match now.

Mark

Nice pick up. Saw them in concert a few times. They are great live!!

That was the last brand new vinyl that I bought for many years. I picked it up at one of their shows when they didn't have it on CD. Their most recent release, "Electric Pine Cone", is a good one that strays a bit from their normal territory.

-Got some monster Technics speakers for $1 at a garage sale.
-Got Realistic Mach II's for $15 bones, also at a garage sale
-Onkyo Model 20 speakers $20 at GW
-Technics SL turntable in the box $24 at GW
-Advent Prodigy Tower speeakers $12 at thrift shop
-Realistic LAB 420 Turntable Free on Craigslist
-Bose 301's mint $50 at thrift shop
-2 pair of Realistic walnut Minimus 7's for $5 at garage sale
and
-Today I picked up a pair of Micca MB42 bookshelf speakers for $20. Never heard of them before but they had really cool carbon fiber woofers in them so I grabbed them. Turns our for a entry level speaker they got really good reviews on the interweb.

Last edited:
-Got some monster Technics speakers for $1 at a garage sale.
-Got Realistic Mach II's for $15 bones, also at a garage sale
-Sansui AS-300 speakers $15 at GW
-Onkyo Model 20 speakers $20 at GW
-Technics SL turntable in the box $24 at GW
-Advent Prodigy Tower speeakers $12 at thrift shop
-Realistic LAB 420 Turntable Free on Craigslist
-Bose 301's mint $50 at thrift shop
-2 pair of Realistic walnut Minimus 7's for $5 at garage sale
and
-Today I picked up a pair of Micca MB42 bookshelf speakers for $20. Never heard of them before but they had really cool carbon fiber woofers in them so I grabbed them. Turns our for a entry level speaker they got really good reviews on the interweb.

:needpics:

Back
Top Bottom