Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

On the same day we found the records from the previous post, I passed on a pair of AR 93Qs (Teledyne) for $119.00 at Savers. They do not offer returns and there was no way to test them. I also have an abundance of speakers and although I have heard good things about them, it wasn't worth the risk at that price.

On the same day we found the records from the previous post, I passed on a pair of AR 93Qs (Teledyne) for $119.00 at Savers. They do not offer returns and there was no way to test them. I also have an abundance of speakers and although I have heard good things about them, it wasn't worth the risk at that price.
They more than likely needed a total refoam.They are not hot resellers either.

I have a pair I paid $10 for, but they are going to be a lot of work to get back up to speed.

akaim7.JPG Akai M-7 R2R recorder/deck. Decent condition, needs some work. Mainly after the tube amps. Probably could be rebuilt as a tape machine but those Akai parts are big money these days. Shop Goodwill web site. Pick up only, made the drive to Dayton. Big new digs up there for GW and Easter Seals. Building takes up a whole city block, major operation there. $11.27 out the door.

View attachment 654408 Akai M-7 R2R recorder/deck. Decent condition, needs some work. Mainly after the tube amps. Probably could be rebuilt as a tape machine but those Akai parts are big money these days. Shop Goodwill web site. Pick up only, made the drive to Dayton. Big new digs up there for GW and Easter Seals. Building takes up a whole city block, major operation there. $11.27 out the door.
Mind the diecast pot metal function cams.

Snagged a B&W Zeppelin today. Random stop at the GW while doing some grocery shopping next door. Wasn't a "score" but it's perfect for the bedroom!

Normally I won't buy speakers that I can't test for $75. Glad I didn't leave them behind.

Last edited:
Nice scroe at the local thrift today:

Andrew Jones Pioneer bookshelves AND center channel (circa 2012) - $25 :banana:

Vinyl

"Live" - Clifton Chenier
What's New - Linda Ronstadt & The Nelson Riddle Orchestra
The Pretender - Jackson Browne
Hey! Heard The Herd? - The Woody Herman Big Band
11-17-70 - Elton John
Rhythm Sundae - Earl Hines and his Quartet
At Savoy Ballroom 1937-1944 - Count Basie
Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac

Total: $8.60

Life is good...

My 1st trip to Goodwill this weekend and I saw a lot of junk in the stereo/computer section until I found something good - a pair of Realistic Minimus 7's for $2.99 each.
The all metal black version in great shape and they play perfectly. I know these are common at Goodwill but I was really glad to make the score!

Another new batch of records at my favorite GW. Included in them were two really strange children's albums about murder and TM, both sealed.

IMG_8560.JPG IMG_8561.JPG IMG_8562.JPG

Picked up a lonely single JBL L100 at GW for $6 yesterday, Beautiful condition, foam from the grill gone of course but veneer in awesome shape. All drivers present and mint. I asked an employee to peek in the back to see if its brother/sister was back there. But alas no luck, I will keep checking over the next few days to see if it shows up. So half a score!

Back
Top Bottom