Bi-Amp Thoughts

Toecutter64

Hello All,
I was thinking of Bi-Amping a set of B&W 604 by adding a 2 channel Rotel RB 1070 to the current 5.1 channel Rotel RB 1075

Any thoughts if this would be a worth while endeavor?

Please and Thanks!

Welcome!

You can probably Bi-Amp with your RB 1075. Configure your pre-amp/Processor for 4 speakers (Center - off) and select the 5 channel stereo mode. Use the front speakers for bass, The rear for mid-High's. Those are good speakers, and nice amps. You may indeed hear a subtle improvement in SQ. More transparency due to reduced induction in the mid-high cables and running the woofers on their own amps.

Welcome!

You can probably Bi-Amp with your RB 1075. Configure your pre-amp/Processor for 4 speakers (Center - off) and select the 5 channel stereo mode. Use the front speakers for bass, The rear for mid-High's. Those are good speakers, and nice amps. You may indeed hear a subtle improvement in SQ. More transparency due to reduced induction in the mid-high cables and running the woofers on their own amps.
Thank You Charles! I appreciate the info!!! Cheers!

I assume that you will be running the mid/high from an internal amplifier on your AV units and then take a feed signal to the Rotel for the bass. The one issue you need to be aware of is gain matching between the 2 amplifiers. You may need to put a level control in front of the Rotel if it has a higher gain than the power amps in your AV unit. There might be either too much or too little bass. The ideal setup is to feed the speakers with 2 identical power amplifiers.

I assume that you will be running the mid/high from an internal amplifier on your AV units and then take a feed signal to the Rotel for the bass. The one issue you need to be aware of is gain matching between the 2 amplifiers. You may need to put a level control in front of the Rotel if it has a higher gain than the power amps in your AV unit. There might be either too much or too little bass. The ideal setup is to feed the speakers with 2 identical power amplifiers.
Thank You Power Tech, and sorry for the delay getting back...

Here's what I was thinking of trying...?\

Main Speakers Lows source: Rotel 1075 front left and right channels
Mains Speakers Highs source: Rotel 1075 rear left and right channels
Center Speaker source Rotel 1075
Surround Speaker Source: Rotel 1070

The 1075 and 1070 are basically matching amps the 1075 is 5 channels at 120watts and the 1070 is 2 channels 120watts

I'd have to split the Main signal into two runs for the Main HF and LF

Think that would work?

Please and Thanks!

Sounds like it should work. Sorry for delay. I've been on holiday.
Thanks Powertech,
I hope you had a pleasant Holiday!

I went through with the experiment and I'm very happy with the results...

Sounds better in every way, puts me in a trance it's so smooth and enveloping...

I can't wait to get home from work everyday to fire it up..

Thanks again for you input!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom