Bitten by the vintage audio bug and now I'm here

Gumbee

New to this forum so decided to say hello. About a month ago I got my first turntable and began the journey into actively enjoying music. Within the month I have spent 1000 on gear and records. I guess I got bit pretty hard. Now I am here checking out and reading up on vintage receivers. Everyone seems super nice and informative as far as I've read. Hope to continue learning more from AK community.

Welcome. Your story is exactly how I came back to this hobby after being away from it for 30 years. You start with one piece, and all of a sudden you are 2 g's lighter!!!!

Welcome. Your story is exactly how I came back to this hobby after being away from it for 30 years. You start with one piece, and all of a sudden you are 2 g's lighter!!!!
Waiting on a mp110 nagaoka to arrive from Japan for my JVC -jl-b31 table. Super excited!

Waiting on a mp110 nagaoka to arrive from Japan for my JVC -jl-b31 table. Super excited!
Nice. I re-entered the hobby with Garrard DD75, and before long I had another vintage TT Dual 1246, and then the avalanche: Receiver, speakers (not done yet), cd deck, stand. Sounds good, but pockets are definitely lighter.

Nice. I re-entered the hobby with Garrard DD75, and before long I had another vintage TT Dual 1246, and then the avalanche: Receiver, speakers (not done yet), cd deck, stand. Sounds good, but pockets are definitely lighter.
Those Dual 1246 looks really cool. I love the look of the wood turntables which was of the many reasons I got in to this. I'm still in the avalanche haha. Still learning about vintage receivers and not sure what is a good one.

Welcome to AK from sunny New Zealand ! Kia ora, haere mai !

You must have been going hard out to spend a grand in a month - don't think I spent that in three years on my gear lol. What pieces have you acquired, any pics ??

Those Dual 1246 looks really cool. I love the look of the wood turntables which was of the many reasons I got in to this. I'm still in the avalanche haha. Still learning about vintage receivers and not sure what is a good one.
I have been an avid fan of Dual as well as Garrard (Garrard was a favorite TT of my dad, and he bought me a Garrard as my first TT when I was in HS). I almost bought a Dual when I was in college, but one or two things grabbed my attention away from it.

Take your time with the receivers if you are going vintage. Go with the proven brands, and make sure that you get a unit in excellent condition.

Welcome to AK from sunny New Zealand ! Kia ora, haere mai !

You must have been going hard out to spend a grand in a month - don't think I spent that in three years on my gear lol. What pieces have you acquired, any pics ??

Haha yeah I went a little overboard. Here is pic of my jvc-jb31 with my Klipsch the sixes speaker. I also have the Schitt Mani Phono amp not pictured.

Attachments

• IMG_20180316_214136.jpg
    IMG_20180316_214136.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 39
Spend time poking about on this site & you'll need a second job after all the ideas take hold. Welcome & enjoy the trip!:bigok:

A Grand is barely scratching the surface once you’ve heard something that sends chills up your spine. Try real estate sales online to register for alerts so you can find better equipment at a fraction of the cost others are paying....

Welcome to AK....

Hi Gumbee and welcome to AK! Like your introduction a lot! Great to hear you are really getting stuck in and enjoying the hobby :) Enjoy your audio journey!

P.S. Gumby is wayy cool! :thumbsup:

A Grand is barely scratching the surface once you’ve heard something that sends chills up your spine. Try real estate sales online to register for alerts so you can find better equipment at a fraction of the cost others are paying....

Welcome to AK....
A grand doesn't sound like a lot in the grand scheme of things but I do see it starts to add up real quick. Thanks I will see what estate sales are in my area.

Back
Top Bottom