[BLIND TEST] 4 different kind of fuses with McIntosh preamp c2300

OK, just for fun, I would like to see the test repeated with the addition of a 'no fuse condition'.

That is a solid conductor in place of the fuse.

If as some claim, the boutique fuses remove noise, then maybe the boutique fuse would be better than no fuse.

Just exactly what does a boutique fuse do the the incoming AC power that results in different treble, different base, and different sound stage?

If the cryogenically treated conductors improve the sound quality, then maybe a solid conductor used to replace the fuse will not provide the same sound quality.

As always I am not taking sides, just providing food for thought.

And I would still like to see a comparison test with the fuses and a no fuse situation used on the DC side of the supply.

OK, just for fun, I would like to see the test repeated with the addition of a 'no fuse condition'.

That is a solid conductor in place of the fuse.

If as some claim, the boutique fuses remove noise, then maybe the boutique fuse would be better than no fuse.

Just exactly what does a boutique fuse do the the incoming AC power that results in different treble, different base, and different sound stage?

If the cryogenically treated conductors improve the sound quality, then maybe a solid conductor used to replace the fuse will not provide the same sound quality.

As always I am not taking sides, just providing food for thought.

And I would still like to see a comparison test with the fuses and a no fuse situation used on the DC side of the supply.

Sometimes there are no reasons why. Sometimes the outcome flies in the face of rationality. Tests like this, prove that there is no scientific instrument capable of measuring what we hear.

Not totally a blind test - someone else should have put in the fuses for you.
That's double-blind :)

It was a reasonable protocol for a single blind study (other than not being repeated, so it has no statistical power - it is a single blind, anecdotal observation).

Unfortunately, some of us (botrytis and me, e.g.) do this sort of thing for a living...

Back
Top Bottom