Bluesound Vault 2

wanders

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I heard a Bluesound Node 2 last week. I listened to a selection of Tidal MQA tunes as well as some high res downloads. IMO, the MQA is worth having.

I have thought about a streaming/storage device for some time. The Bluesound Vault, with 2TB of storage, appears to do most of what I want. At $1200 the price seems fair; and, based on opinions from Audiogon, the overall quality appears good.

However, I have a lot of money invested in SACDs, but the Bluesound devices cannot play SACD. (I think Bluesound is appealing to a pretty wide consumer market, which has not gotten into SACD.) Anyway, I wonder if anyone knows of a device that could do everything that the Bluesound plus SACD.

FWIW, There is an optical/ analog input on the current generation of Bluesound products, so it is possible to run the digital output of an SACD player through the DAC of the Bluesound.

Also, with the convenience of streaming music through Tidal, you might find that spinning discs is just not worth the effort.

Have you considered going the Bluesound Node 2/ PC/ Roon server route? I think that would run no more than a few hundred dollars more (even factoring in the $499 Roon lifetime subscription cost), and bring a whole heck of a lot of capability to your system.

That's what I do, and it's pretty great. Though I don't have any answers for you on the SACD side.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize this was an older post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom