bluetooth

bmeister

I probably did not spell that right but I know next to nothing about it. Anyway, I remember reading where someone hooked up blue tooth to their console stereo and I would like to do that so I can send music to my console from my computer. Can some one explain what I need, where to get it and I think I can get the rest from there. Thanks for your help.
Bruce

Do you have RCA input jacks on the console? If so, there are many bluetooth receivers to choose from.

I use this: An Arcam Miniblink

images

For less money, this one is supposed to be pretty good:
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Theater-Receiver-Support-110248/dp/B00DIGAO22

61JLqZQ40-L._SL1200_.jpg

Look up Logitec BT adaptor, and also the Douk Audio (ebay) one is of good quality.

I have the logitec one, its good. Nothing special, its as good as using the 3.5mm head phone jack. You will get a lot of folks on the site explaining that they like the more expensive ones, yet when you ask if they have even tried it... "No".

I have it and like it a lot, I use it for my Spotify... If you are sending HQ tracks over BT, just ensure you are using the most current BT 4.0.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logite...ffcode=pg199033&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

I suspect that monoprice is the same darn thing as my Nuforce for about $13 less. In any case, I'm quite happy with my Nuforce.

3162f96axWL.jpg

You may need two devices.

1 (transmitter) connected to your computer to send the audio to the console via Bluetooth. Most newer laptops have built in Bluetooth, many desktops do not. Check your equipment before purchasing anything.

The second unit(receiver) connected to the AUX/CD/Tape input of your stereo. This will receive the Bluetooth signal from your computer or phone.

There is a wide array of available equipment ranging from cheap junk to outrageously expensive overkill.

A couple of nice units from should run $60 - $100 for a pair.

You may need two devices.

1 (transmitter) connected to your computer to send the audio to the console via Bluetooth. Most newer laptops have built in Bluetooth, many desktops do not. Check your equipment before purchasing anything.

Good call.

my pc does not have bluetooth
i ended up with one of these

https://www.amazon.ca/Avantree-Blue...-1-spons&keywords=bluetooth+transmitter&psc=1

my house is roughly 40 feet deep made of concrete, stucco, aluminum siding,
this will send from the front porch/pc room out to the middle of my back yard so for me at least 100 feet thru all walls
i didnt try any furthur as it was the middle of winter i pair to a bluetooth speaker using musicbee
i can use musicbee bluettoth
i can use jriver for the big stereo
and she can watch movies on the tv using vlc
all from the same pc at the same time

Look up Logitec BT adaptor, and also the Douk Audio (ebay) one is of good quality.

I have the logitec one, its good. Nothing special, its as good as using the 3.5mm head phone jack. You will get a lot of folks on the site explaining that they like the more expensive ones, yet when you ask if they have even tried it... "No".

I have it and like it a lot, I use it for my Spotify... If you are sending HQ tracks over BT, just ensure you are using the most current BT 4.0.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logite...ffcode=pg199033&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2
Just bought the logitech to use on old receiver via the aux jacks and tried on a few other things. A couple of observations: Older material on line sounds a bit muffled and compressed. Many times you need a higher volume level which is not a big deal. Definitely worth the $20 for casual listening. I may be wrong, but you can read endless reviews of these things and it appears the main difference in these things is the range. I do wish I had spent another $20 for one with an optical output just to satisfy myself that it is no better than the RCAs I'm using. Oh, and some of the cheaper ones like the logitech have no off/on switch so I unplug it after use as it captures the signal on my I Phone once engaged...a minor annoyance.

Just bought the logitech to use on old receiver via the aux jacks and tried on a few other things. A couple of observations: Older material on line sounds a bit muffled and compressed. Many times you need a higher volume level which is not a big deal. Definitely worth the $20 for casual listening. I may be wrong, but you can read endless reviews of these things and it appears the main difference in these things is the range. I do wish I had spent another $20 for one with an optical output just to satisfy myself that it is no better than the RCAs I'm using. Oh, and some of the cheaper ones like the logitech have no off/on switch so I unplug it after use as it captures the signal on my I Phone once engaged...a minor annoyance.

Agreed, and I do the same. I don't like it being on all the time so it's unplugged while not in use.

As for soundstage, try adjusting the EQ on you're device itself, not the amp. I use mine for Spotify, when I adjust the EQ I get the sound I'm looking for. The lower end did sound a little muffled, but some adjustments to Spotify cleared it right up. I've spent hours using the 3.5mm jack and swapping back to the BT adaptor... I can't tell any diff. The Sound quality from my phone is already compressed so it's not like we are starting off with hi-Rez flac files. So for what it is, it works fine for me. I've not tried other apps, and I do use the Spotify extream setting. I like it, I may invest in the Douk Audio one, I've seen some good reviews on it. Looks of great quality... I'll post some pix if I do pick one up. :)

Kind Regards,
John

Agreed, and I do the same. I don't like it being on all the time so it's unplugged while not in use.

As for soundstage, try adjusting the EQ on you're device itself, not the amp. I use mine for Spotify, when I adjust the EQ I get the sound I'm looking for. The lower end did sound a little muffled, but some adjustments to Spotify cleared it right up. I've spent hours using the 3.5mm jack and swapping back to the BT adaptor... I can't tell any diff. The Sound quality from my phone is already compressed so it's not like we are starting off with hi-Rez flac files. So for what it is, it works fine for me. I've not tried other apps, and I do use the Spotify extream setting. I like it, I may invest in the Douk Audio one, I've seen some good reviews on it. Looks of great quality... I'll post some pix if I do pick one up. :)

Kind Regards,
John
You speak of "adjusting the EQ on the device, not the amp"........what device as you referring to?. The Logitech has no adjustment....mine is plugged into a receiver via RCA jacks. .

You speak of "adjusting the EQ on the device, not the amp"........what device as you referring to?. The Logitech has no adjustment....mine is plugged into a receiver via RCA jacks. .
Sorry, I guess you mean the I Phone I use to stream.....the EQ settings on an I Phone only affect the sound of the unit itself or via ear buds....they do not affect the streamed output to a bluetooth receiver......I experimented with a pair of bluetooth speakers and no change with any EQ choice on the phone.

Device: IE- your phone/tablet/computer. :)

so I can send music to my console from my computer
Presuming your console has an FM tuner, another option might be an FM Transmitter that would send audio from your computer to any radio tuned to the same frequency.

If your console has no AUX inputs for the BT, this might be the only solution.

Last edited:
All you need is a Bluetooth receiver, a cable with a 3.5mm stereo plug on one end and 2 RCA jacks on the other. Plug the RCA's into your aux input and the 3.5mm into the BT receiver. If your PC does not have BT capabilities you will need a BT transmitted as well. I have the Logtech BT receiver discussed above along with several others. The Logitech is BT version 3.0, which is fine. However the latest BT version is 4.2. I prefer any BT above 4.0 simply because they are more energy conserving and give some slightly better sound. But as the Logitech has no batteries, which is an advantage if you intend to leave it hooked up and plugged in, 3.0 works well. Both BT receivers and transmitters are widely available on Amazon, some are both switchable receivers and transmitters.

Back
Top Bottom