Bob Barker's replacement?

electronjohn

Plug it in & see!!
Subscriber
This may seem excruciatingly trivial, but are there any thoughts as to who should replace the venerable and inimitable Bob Barker on "The Price is Right"? My wife kinda likes the idea of John O'Hurley. (Mr. Peterman from "Seinfeld", etc.) Handsome, suave, gentle wit...and she figures the ladies would enjoy a chance to peck him on the cheek.

Bob Barker has lived a great life hosting that show... Maybe a comedian would work well similar to Howie Mandel. Maybe George Lopez.

A hip/pop culture type at work who follows these things said George Hamilton was a contender for the job.

I would like to see them replaceBob with either Bob Cat Goldwaithe from the old Police Academy movies, Richard Wright, or Sanjiya from American Idol

George Hamilton? I can hear it now: little old lady calls her local CBS affiliate "There MUST be something wrong!! I've tried and tried to adjust my TV, but that Mr. Hamilton just keeps getting ORANGER!"

Time Passes

Good luck replacing that guy!

Get this - I remember watching Barker when he MC'd "Truth or Consequences" when I was a kid.

THAT MEANS: I went to public school, went to college, got married, raised a kid, had a career, became a grandfather, retired and he's STILL on TV. What's with that???

DH

electronjohn said:
This may seem excruciatingly trivial, but are there any thoughts as to who should replace the venerable and inimitable Bob Barker on "The Price is Right"? My wife kinda likes the idea of John O'Hurley. (Mr. Peterman from "Seinfeld", etc.) Handsome, suave, gentle wit...and she figures the ladies would enjoy a chance to peck him on the cheek.

"Excruciatingly trivial"

I like that. I was thinking Wink Martindale, or Dink Binkerson, as I like to call him. He's doing a keen job on those Orbitz commercials.
But I REALLY like the idea of Bobcat Goldthwaite.
If Howie Mandel can do it, Bobcat can.
Perhaps the funniest thing I EVER saw on TV was Bobcat being grilled
on the Today Show by some clowns who were angry at his portrayal of their "profession" in "Shakes, The Clown."
I'm generally not in too jovial a mood at that hour, but I had
a smile on my face all morning after that.
Gotta admit, I didn't know he was still on that air, either.
Last I heard of him was 10-15 years ago when human mannequin
sued him because he had banged her but didn't love her.
That's grounds for a lawsuit, isn't it?
Diane Parkinson? Dink Binkerson?

Back
Top Bottom