Bob Hoover's famous flight demo

I saw him perform with the AeroCommander several times at Oshkosh - simply amazing.
He was also glad to talk with us afterwards...didn't think to get an autograph....not into that anyway.
There's another vid on YT where he's sharing stories with Neil Armstrong.
One of the all time great gentlemen pilots.

I saw him in Oshkosh too! He also was the stunt pilot in the movie, "It's A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD"

I didn't know that! Will have to watch that movie again!
I remember the Oshkosh announcer telling the story of him flying cross country with one of the props in his baggage compartment...and we were all disappointed when he came into view with both props on!!
But didn't he do part of his air show routine with one prop feathered??
Loved That Hat, too!! :)

Finally watched it all the way through....pouring a cuppa tea while doing a barrel roll?
Camera work is fantastic, "orchestrated" music and narration well written and timed, and not screaming over-hyped hyperbole at you??
Now that's Promo Work, old school!!
Always had a soft spot for North American, since I took dual instruction in both an AA1 and TR2...man was that thing FUN (and not conducive to learning the serious stuff).
Sigh.

Saw him at the Bob Hope Memorial Airshow in Stockton CA, probably around 1999? It was a great performance. :)

No less than Jimmy Doolittle called Bob "one of the best stick & rudder men ever". He knew every facet of a plane's capabilities and never exceeded them.

I saw him in Reno in 1987, he started the unlimited races in his P51 and did the Shrike Commander show also. Unforgettable.

I saw him in Reno in 1987, he started the unlimited races in his P51 and did the Shrike Commander show also. Unforgettable.
Watched Bob for many years at Reno. Unfortunately, Ole Yeller (His P51) became too slow to start the Unlimiteds and was replaced with a T-33. Loved his Shrike performances. People would gasp at his air speed for altitude part of his show.
He was a true gentleman. Right up to the year before he passed, he was always in the pits, signing autographs for any and all. He is truly missed every year at the National Championship Air Races.

Back
Top Bottom