Boost Metabolism

A good filet mignon weekly -I like them on a Monday evening -
kind of a thank you for making through the start of another Hell week!

unrefined organic virgin coconut oil can do it, I eat a half tablespoon every now and then. It just melts in your mouth, it's usually solid but once it gets to a certain temperature gets to like 80 degrees it becomes a liquid.

Pu-erh tea is known to boost metabolism and digestion. Just regular green tea does the same trick. Drinking tea, especially pu-erh, has other benefits as well.

Why do you want to boost your metabolism? Are you gaining weight? Then eat less. Are you tired? Exercise and rest.

What supplements are you taking now?

So many questions!

The coconut oil thing was interesting enough for me to look it up. It appears the mixture of fats may be more quickly digested than some other types of saturated fats, but I am not sure how it can actually 'boost metabolism'. Maybe it does. But it's still fat, 100 cal per tablespoon, so if you need to lose weight it's not the best. Although it could be substituted for other fats rather than added to the diet, if that's an issue.

Eat a banced diet. Eat everything, in moderation. There are no magic foods. I have never seen a coherent definition of "boosting metabolism."

I have a neighbor that is 86 years old. He works out with weights. Didn’t start until he was 68. He currently is working out with 110 lbs. Honestly, I don’t know how he does it, but he does. This man can run me into the ground and I’m in pretty good shape. If you have the discipline, it’s something that can really reap rewards.

A combination of aerobic & anaerobic exercise along with a sensible diet of moderately high protein, reasonable level of carbs that are low in sugar, (especially of the refined variety), a reasonable quanitity of fat (particularly monosaturated variety), and no alcohol. The amounts of protein, carbs, and (good) fats vary with the individual's body type & size, but in almost no instance will one's diet (or metabolism) improve when beset w/ refined sugars and/or alcohol.

No alcohol??? wamp wamp!

But a bit of wine daily is supposed to be really good for you

(FYI - I can't drink more than a sip or two of wine -
for me, its like drinking vinegar, puts my tummy in knots!)

I have a neighbor that is 86 years old. He works out with weights. Didn’t start until he was 68. He currently is working out with 110 lbs. Honestly, I don’t know how he does it, but he does. This man can run me into the ground and I’m in pretty good shape. If you have the discipline, it’s something that can really reap rewards.

I am 64 and have been lifting since high school. Once you hit 40 or so, you start losing muscle mass. It's a part of aging that you can't stop, but weight training can slow it down. It doesn't have to be complicated, you don't need lots of equipment, and half an hour twice a week is plenty for us old folks who don't recover as quickly. A proper lower body routine keeps you from falling and breaking your hip.

Some spices are thermogenic helping burn fat and raise your metabolism. Mustard is a good one, jalapeno's is another one. A good rule of thumb is if a spice makes you perspire it is raising your metabolism.
Ice Cold water raises your metabolism,water that's room temperature does not BUT will hydrate you faster.

Last edited:
unrefined organic virgin coconut oil can do it, I eat a half tablespoon every now and then. It just melts in your mouth, it's usually solid but once it gets to a certain temperature gets to like 80 degrees it becomes a liquid.

I do the bulletproof coffee routine periodically. Have not determined if I benefit but I do like how it tastes. My main meto booster is regular exercise.

Eat an apple for breakfast every morning. Kicks in the metabolism early in the day and will burn more calories to digest than the apple contains. Even 1/2 an apple is a good way to start the day.

Back
Top Bottom