Bored of hifi, bought a 71 Stingray

Dazaa

Whats a guy to do when he's had a lifetime of audio scroes by 24? Seriously, i'm bored, I turned audio in to a full time business whilst at uni and live a comfy self/unemployed graduate life and as much as I love the 10k strong record collection, main rig and the high end vintage collection i've amassed, I miss the thrill of chasing something new so I just bought this. A 71 stingray with a 400hp 350. spent a few months looking for pro touring cars around my budget of 20k but couldn't find one in black with flared arches so I ended up buying the cheapest chrome bumper corvette in the world and expect to spend another 10-15k on it.

Attachments

• IMG_4087.PNG
    IMG_4087.PNG
    165.6 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_4089.PNG
    IMG_4089.PNG
    157.5 KB · Views: 476
FWIW, I bought a new FR-S in 2013. I live in rural KY and drive 150 miles a day on those fun roads on my commute. It is a blast. I've been through 8 sets of tires and 162,000 miles in that car. Michelin PSS's were the best tires, BTW. I basically "time trial" every day.

But that actually has become boring to me as well. I also have a 2006 Scion box that has severe "deer" damage to the front and 220,000 miles on it. I drive it if there is frost, snow or salt on the road. What's weird is that I'm fine with driving that as well. Different feel, but throwing it around brings a different sort of fun. Not that I prefer it, but it's not really much worse. And I do love driving a car that, if it broke down, never to be driven again, I'd be fine with it. I got my money's worth.

But I've found that I bore of everything eventually, but often those things will then come back.

I had a '70 - 454, at, ps, pb, pw,, ac, leather, stereo radio (an option in 70) - the works.

Sold it when our son was born. Fifured I'd rather have the money in the bank than the car sitting in the garage.

Have fun!!

I love Corvettes and have racked up over 400,000 miles in them. I hope to always have at least one Corvette in the garage.

Well those take me back. . Lots of U-joints with that independent rear end! Also remember really needed to get creative changing spark plugs and mine just had small blocks. But a really fun car to drive! Nothing since on wheels quickened my pulse quite like my brief period of Vette ownership 40 years ago.. Enjoy! :bigok:

Have fun!!

I love Corvettes and have racked up over 400,000 miles in them. I hope to always have at least one Corvette in the garage.
I live fairly close to Bowling Green. It's always fun to drop by the museum when one of the Corvette club events is going on. There are guys from all over the country and Canada there.

FWIW, I bought a new FR-S in 2013. I live in rural KY and drive 150 miles a day on those fun roads on my commute. It is a blast. I've been through 8 sets of tires and 162,000 miles in that car. Michelin PSS's were the best tires, BTW. I basically "time trial" every day.

But that actually has become boring to me as well. I also have a 2006 Scion box that has severe "deer" damage to the front and 220,000 miles on it. I drive it if there is frost, snow or salt on the road. What's weird is that I'm fine with driving that as well. Different feel, but throwing it around brings a different sort of fun. Not that I prefer it, but it's not really much worse. And I do love driving a car that, if it broke down, never to be driven again, I'd be fine with it. I got my money's worth.

But I've found that I bore of everything eventually, but often those things will then come back.
Dumb question. What's an FR-S?

Dumb question. What's an FR-S?
2015-scion-fr-s-release-series-1-0_100480189_h.jpg

Enjoy it!!! I bought a 71 a while ago from a kid that ran it until the oil was too low in the pan,,, saved the block(one sleeve) and the heads, and rebuilt/replaced the rest,,, guy bought it from me as soon as I had it running!!! never got to restore it... It was a two top car...
Still have the 68 conv tho!!!

Looks interesting, still have no idea what it is though. ;)
It's a Scion. Though it is really a Subaru. Subaru calls it a BRZ. And it is now also a Toyota 86. But they are all subarus. Mine says "subaru" right on the engine.

It's a two seater sports car. It's a four seater, but only if the folks in the back seat are double amputees. There is LITERALLY no leg room in back. It's for kiddie car seats. It competes fairly directly with a Porsche Cayman regarding performance, but is a lot cheaper and cheaper to maintain.

Back
Top Bottom