Boston Acoustic A100's - What's a good price to pay?

AintBeenDead

Obviously "as little as possible" is always the best answer. As I feel the need to keep saying, I'm new to all this, so my knowledge is minimal. However I've read in several places that BA A100's are quite good. What's a fair price? and are all BA A100's good?, or are there different versions of the series, where possibly a later model isn't as desirable. Provided they are in excellent condition as well.

I've had a150's and a200's... they are very nice-sounding speakers! Not sure about the 100's, but the 150's sell for $100-$150 on average, and the 200's around $150-$250 in great shape.

If the woofer foam surrounds are original they will need to be replaced. Not a big deal but that should factor into your decision. Refoam kits are maybe another $15-20 and a couple hours of your time.

Assuming they will need to be re-foamed, I wouldn't spend much more than $60. Re-foamed and in nice condition they usually go for $80-$100. However, if it's the version with the oak veneer (instead of fake wood vinyl) expect to pay a little more. By the way, the A100s are easy to re-foam...

I paid $120 for freshly refoamed a150s and $200 for a400s that needed refoam. So...$75-$100 seems about right for a100s.

Back
Top Bottom