Bought a brand new unused mint L-12 cab..

centsless

In the original box to complete my set-up....with the panlocs. It was on the bay for only ten minutes when I saw it and bought it....:) Got it today and it is mint. Rubbed Howard's Bee's wax on the walnut as it was dry...dry...dry. Very happy...and feel lucky.....as it was only $150.

Stuck my MX-117 in it and looks great! The set-up is powering Polk SDA SRS 1.2's.20190118_172900.jpg 20190118_181726.jpg

If it came with panlocs it could not be new....panlocs only came with the electronics not the cabinets.

Okay...mods took EBay link away...sigh. But in sold items under L-12 cabinets, you will see the pics of what I purchased. As further proof that they DO sent panlocs with cabinets....there is also a L50 cabinets being sold now as brand new in box with p anlocs on it. Even shows a paper from McIntosh that is in box explaining how to attach them.

My point is, if you buy a used McIntosh built before the Mc7300 and you did not get the panloc rails with the unit you did not get the " whole" as from the factory package.

When you bought a factory cabinet you did not get panlocs so if you choose to add cabinets you might or might not have the panlocs......you might get lucky and end up with two sets.

I think the narrow Mc7300 was the last panloc equipped amp but it used a different panloc system than the amps before the Mc7270 and C31 preamp.

In the original box to complete my set-up....with the panlocs. It was on the bay for only ten minutes when I saw it and bought it....:) Got it today and it is mint. Rubbed Howard's Bee's wax on the walnut as it was dry...dry...dry. Very happy...and feel lucky.....as it was only $150.

Stuck my MX-117 in it and looks great! The set-up is powering Polk SDA SRS 1.2's.View attachment 1390471 View attachment 1390472

If it were me, I'd stack the MX117 on top of the MC2205. Unless you're playing at head-banging levels for hours on end, chances are the 2205 will never miss the extra ventilation.

c_dk is correct. The Panloc brackets only came with the electronics equipment. The cabinets did not come with brackets - only the bracket attachments. In spite of what sellers on eBay may say.

Larry

I'm with Eric on stacking the 117 on top. For 37 years I had my C-26 sitting atop my 2505 with no apparent ill effects.

If it came with panlocs it could not be new....panlocs only came with the electronics not the cabinets.
c_dk is correct. The Panloc brackets only came with the electronics equipment. The cabinets did not come with brackets - only the bracket attachments. In spite of what sellers on eBay may say.
Larry

Having purchased both components and cabinets new, I can confirm these statements as being correct. That said, the OP made a killer purchase. L12's in that kind of condition, especially with Panlocs have sold for well over $200. Nice find!

My point is, if you buy a used McIntosh built before the Mc7300 and you did not get the panloc rails with the unit you did not get the " whole" as from the factory package.

When you bought a factory cabinet you did not get panlocs so if you choose to add cabinets you might or might not have the panlocs......you might get lucky and end up with two sets.

I think the narrow Mc7300 was the last panloc equipped amp but it used a different panloc system than the amps before the Mc7270 and C31 preamp.

Okay...I see what you are saying.

If it were me, I'd stack the MX117 on top of the MC2205. Unless you're playing at head-banging levels for hours on end, chances are the 2205 will never miss the extra ventilation.

I had it on top of amp but it didn't look right to me. Too big on left. The Sony ES779 weighs 42lbs and heavy duty so can handle the pre on it. If I add a turntable...will change it then.m

Larry

They may be as ignorant as me as to what constitutes the panloc system. All I know is I slid the pre in and it locked...ready to go.

There is so much obstifacation on the sales and auction sites I think that in forums like this the most accurate information should be highlighted whether it is about repairs, restorations or unit sales.

There is so much obstifacation on the sales and auction sites I think that in forums like this the most accurate information should be highlighted whether it is about repairs, restorations or unit sales.

Couldn't agree more. Without this site, these units would not be sitting here. I asked about an amp that would handle 4ohm speakers and you were one to suggest the 2205 as well as others. I then asked what pre-tuner combo would work...and again..you suggested the MX-117 as the perfect match. It took nine months to get these together as I got the pre from Tom.

I can't begin to tell you all how much I enjoy this system...so thank you...:) I am not an audiophile but someone that likes nice dependable quality items. Being a wood guy and having to refinish the 2205 cabinet, it was a joy to find a brand new cabinet for pre!...and only having to rub some Howard's Bee's wax on it to make it shine...especially since it is eight degrees out right now...sigh.

NO,CABINETS NEW that i bought since 1967 had the panlocs with them and i bought around 20+ L-12
L-21 for verious amplifiers and pre/amps and tuners
the panlocs only came with the units

New, nearly new or gently used you made a good purchase none the less. Enjoy it and what it houses.

Back
Top Bottom