Bought my first AVR and I am confused

Yup.

See if they have a quick start guide. Run through that and get something going before you break into the big book of details for the details.

The first thing I like to do after physical hookup is just run the auto calibration. Then I use it that way for awhile, and make tweaks according to my preferences.

I can relate. I "upgraded " my old AVR because I thought I wanted the HDMI functions, but I might go back to digital coax or optical for the audio connections. I miss the old paper user manuals!

I got it all hooked up.
Denon AVR-S720W running to just 2 Speakers (Wharfedale TSR 11O's Vintage)
All sounds fine but when I tried watching a baseball game today there was an unbearable constant rumble that I could not stand so I turned it off.
I think it was just the general rumble of a stadium but it was just to hard to ignore.
Might have to get modern speakers for this modern receiver

I got it all hooked up.
All sounds fine but when I tried watching a baseball game today there was an unbearable constant rumble that I could not stand so I turned it off.
I think it was just the general rumble of a stadium but it was just to hard to ignore.

Try turning the bass down, and/or turn on the sub on the receiver with the sub (if you have one) turned off.

When I did the on-screen programming I told the system that there was no sub.
I'm hoping that there is an independent way though to turn down the bass on the receiver in situations like that

I got it all hooked up.

Page 154 of the owners manual describes how to manually adjust tone.

Back
Top Bottom