1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Bowie

Discussion in 'Music Reviews' started by parman, Jan 13, 2016.

1. parman

parman Retiree Subscriber

Listening to Heathen seems to be the perfect CD right now. Hope the song Afraid was in his thoughts at the end

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Crusty

Crusty New Member

I was just listening to Scary Monsters & Super Creeps... love it !

3. zenarrrow

zenarrrow AK Subscriber Subscriber

I love Sunday, and slow burn. But the whole album nonetheless. I recently visited Japan and this album was my soundtrack. This and Rolling Stones Beggars Banquet.

I love to get my head straight and listen to Station to Station too

4. Sondek

Sondek Active Member

Yeah, I'm a big BOWIE fan.

Many fine moments for sure, but for me, none better than HUNKY DORY - which was an album of his that I came to know very late. Younger forum members may want to go back and check it out.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the new EU VINYL LP reissue of this album is sensational. I have the original, with which to compare. The new EU reissue is worth the investment, if you can't lay hold of a rare mint original LP pressing. Both sound better than the CD - which itself sounds great.

DAVID BOWIE Hunky Dory.jpg

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  5. sKiZo

sKiZo Hates received: 8642 Subscriber

If yall get a chance, a real nice HBO documentary has been running recently ... Bowie: The Last Five Years. Some earlier stuff, but concentrating mostly on his last two albums and stage production of Lazarus.