Bozak 302a

Vashane

I am going to look at a set of 302a today. Anything about value that I should consider? He claims that they are in good working order. I don't know what the going price for these would be.

The last set I had, had little output from the tweeters until I replaced the single cap in the crossover.

If they're B302As, they *should* have the B200Y aluminum tweeters and B209A or B aluminum mids. The Bs being more desirable.

If they're B302As, they *should* have the B200Y aluminum tweeters and B209A or B aluminum mids. The Bs being more desirable.
They are the B302A. Any idea on value Sam?
They are in great shape. Just missed His McIntosh gear by minutes. Kinda sad the guy has stage 4 cancer and is cleaning house. Couldn't pass on the speakers.

Nice speakers, but usually a tough sell in New England. Probably no more than $200, depending on cabinet.

Vashane

Which style of cabinets are these B-302A sets in?

I have a set of E-300s in my home office, for which I paid $200 for the drivers and received the cabinets thrown into the deal. I rebuilt the cabinets last year (new risers to replace the missing original risers, new grille cloth, new tops, new bottom trim) and I love them! I am listening to them right now in fact.

I liked the E-300s so much that I later bought a set of Urbans, also with the B-302A system inside, for $300. The Urbans are in fantastic condition, bought from an AKer who took excellent care of them. The Urbans have B-200-Y tweeters and the Tobin mod - the E-300s have B-200-X tweeters and do not have the Tobin mod. And they sound just fine to me!

Oh, the E-300s have B-209A mids. I've never had the Urbans open...never had a reason to open them. The previous owner replaced the capacitors in the crossover, and pulled the tweeters out and installed them in small satellite cabinets which now sit on top of the Urban cabinets. He did an amazing job.

In my opinion...these speakers produce the most lifelike sound I have ever heard.

Others will disagree. All I can say to any potential naysayers is to quote a preacher I used to know, who was fond of saying - "You don't have to agree with me. You have every right to be wrong if you want to be." :)

Vashane

Which style of cabinets are these B-302A sets in?

I have a set of E-300s in my home office, for which I paid $200 for the drivers and received the cabinets thrown into the deal. I rebuilt the cabinets last year (new risers to replace the missing original risers, new grille cloth, new tops, new bottom trim) and I love them! I am listening to them right now in fact.

I liked the E-300s so much that I later bought a set of Urbans, also with the B-302A system inside, for $300. The Urbans are in fantastic condition, bought from an AKer who took excellent care of them. The Urbans have B-200-Y tweeters and the Tobin mod - the E-300s have B-200-X tweeters and do not have the Tobin mod. And they sound just fine to me!

Oh, the E-300s have B-209A mids. I've never had the Urbans open...never had a reason to open them. The previous owner replaced the capacitors in the crossover, and pulled the tweeters out and installed them in small satellite cabinets which now sit on top of the Urban cabinets. He did an amazing job.

In my opinion...these speakers produce the most lifelike sound I have ever heard.

Others will disagree. All I can say to any potential naysayers is to quote a preacher I used to know, who was fond of saying - "You don't have to agree with me. You have every right to be wrong if you want to be." :)

These are the cabinet style I got. Am wanting to do the mod but is so many variations and add ons. Am not extremely knowledgeable but think I can tackle it if I could get a clear plan. List of new parts needed etc. What parts of the old crossover should I reuse? Should I buy new inductors? Everything else will be new. I listen to rock and roll. Vinyl and digital.

Attachments

• 22138fcb2fe89817c1c488c3463075de--loudspeaker-circa.jpg
    22138fcb2fe89817c1c488c3463075de--loudspeaker-circa.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 94
These are the cabinet style I got. Am wanting to do the mod but is so many variations and add ons. Am not extremely knowledgeable but think I can tackle it if I could get a clear plan. List of new parts needed etc. What parts of the old crossover should I reuse? Should I buy new inductors? Everything else will be new. I listen to rock and roll. Vinyl and digital.

I've found a list of parts.
So much info.....might have to digest all this for a few days before tackling this project.

That's the Century (which is basically an Urban with a different grill cloth and a pedestal riser). Definitely lots of reading to do if you want to get comfortable before getting to work

There are many threads on these on AK. Tobin mods and other stuff is discussed in depth. My experience was that dropping the woofer/mid crossover frequency from 800 hz to 400 hz (simple move of a wire on the crossover), building a subenclosure for the midrange, and doing the Tobin mods minus the drop down resistor were all very worthwhile and made them sound fantastic.

bs

There are many threads on these on AK. Tobin mods and other stuff is discussed in depth. My experience was that dropping the woofer/mid crossover frequency from 800 hz to 400 hz (simple move of a wire on the crossover), building a subenclosure for the midrange, and doing the Tobin mods minus the drop down resistor were all very worthwhile and made them sound fantastic.

bs

Guessing you are suggesting not using the 7.5 resistor? I seen that along the way. Also seen something about using an L-pad....as I am not up for moving the tweeters to a separate enclosure. But am not knowledgeable of that type of circuit.

Guessing you are suggesting not using the 7.5 resistor? I seen that along the way. Also seen something about using an L-pad....as I am not up for moving the tweeters to a separate enclosure. But am not knowledgeable of that type of circuit.

I ordered the parts tonight should take a couple days to get here. That will give me some time to figure out what I want to do. A plus is I run a Yamaha system and from what I've read they sound good matched together. Hopefully it's enough power.

Back
Top Bottom