Bozak! -- BIG Bozaks!

I think you should figure out a dollar number you are comfortable with. As it's a friend of yours, I wouldn't try to get a "friend discount" but rather pay a fair price - which it sounds like you're trying to do.

Valuations seem to be anywhere from as low as a few hundred dollars all the way up to a cool grand. I think the only way she is going to get a grand for them is if she is willing to sell them to a larger market, i.e., eBay. For a hassle-free sale with no shipping involved, I would think a lower price is appropriate. If they are in fantastic condition, I think somewhere around $600-$750 would be fair. Less if there is any damage to them or any major flaws.

That is my two cents. Good luck!

Got that mixed up. When different style cabinets were introduced for the B4000, the original cabinet became the "Contemporary."

"I know this girl who has HUGE Bozaks!"
"Watch your tongue young man, that's not the way I raised you!"
"But mom they're SPEAKERS..."

BOZAKS made the LS series,LS 200,LS250 and so forth.They were sized like regular ones:)

Oh boy. After another conversation with my friend it is clear that she really wants to finish remodeling her basement and the speakers have been in the way for too long. Oh boy. I feel bad for having delayed so long on helping her to sell them. Oh boy... I had to do it. I offered her what I hope is a fair price so now they will be mine. Oh boy, oh boy! The WAF here is non existent so they are bound for my shop. I will try to pick them up next weekend. It will probably take two trips! They will overwhelm the space but, ya know, by the clock, I probably listen to my shop system more than I listen to my main system upstairs.

Oh man, anybody know how I can smuggle those things into the house without anybody noticing?

Wish me luck. This could get ugly -- but I cant wait to hear them! :)

I smuggled my B-4000 Symphonies into my house when my wife was out, set them up, and voila, there they were. She wasn't about to move these 130 lb. beasts! And the sound won her over.:music:

Congrats! As for WAF, I find negotiations always bring them on board. Enjoy your nice speakers where ever they get setup.

when I sold my two Kenwood Supremes, I brought my then girlfriend, now wife to the local Coach store and bought her the purse of her choice. Great investment! It got her to associate good audio sales with some kind of surprise. I try to avoid designer stores now.

Flowers. .never underestimate their power. This often is used in conjunction with the strategy that it is better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

I smuggled my B-4000 Symphonies into my house when my wife was out, set them up, and voila, there they were. She wasn't about to move these 130 lb. beasts! And the sound won her over.:music:

I brought my Concert Grands in and never mentioned it to my wife. She said, "they are nice cabinets, why do you need a wardrobe down the basement?"
:)

Back
Top Bottom