Brand new factory Infinity Monitor II Walsh Tweeters

They will be only be playing 10khtz and above. That’s pretty up there. I doubt most of us could hear a couple dB difference. Just my thoughts, if it’s not too hard you may want to just try it.

I saw a pair like that searching around the internet yesterday. Might have even been that pair. They stuck out to me because I've never seen Walshes like that, to be honest -- both the honeycomb stamping and the extra thick mounting plate. I wonder if they were manufactured just as replacements, since they turned out to be rather delicate drivers. You could certainly try remelting the solder joints coming off the voice coil, wherever they may be.

I can't imagine Infinity(Harman) going out of its way to re manufacturing the early 70's Walsh driver as late as 1995 as stated by the OP:dunno:

That's good news! Since my originals still work, I only tested them coming from the the L-R outputs from my amp with the proper resisistors. They test fine and sound smooth, but there's just that noticeable difference in treble.

I'm not arguing, but just curious as to why placing them in the circuit of the actual speakers would make them sound the same? Since I'm not very "tech savvy", I'm trying to learn what's going on.
Thanks Jim!

A possible explanation is that you're not using the crossover so the low frequency response may be ragged. Since your ears are more sensitive to lower frequencies, the tweets may indeed sound different without a crossover.

A possible explanation is that you're not using the crossover so the low frequency response may be ragged. Since your ears are more sensitive to lower frequencies, the tweets may indeed sound different without a crossover.

No matter how I position them, or swap them around, the problem always stays with that particular tweeter.

Back
Top Bottom