Brand New Integrated Amp 1000 Watts Check This Out!

Come on, we all went thru this crap back in the 70s and 80s. Lie, lie and lie some more to sell stuff, this stuff is not worthy of a tree house system.

Amazon has it for $63.99 - says rated RMS power is 200 watts. A lot of reviews talk about short life cycle and a company that doesn't honer the warranty.

But, it has separate DVD and MP3 inputs. Where else are you going to find that? And if that isn't enough, it has a built in SD card slot....

I read the manual too, not even a Specs page. :confused:

From Amazon:
"whenever i connect a usb to the usb port it makes lots of noise and the music plays very low...."

"Worked just ok for one year, It did have some distortion noise that was irritating. Literally one week after the warranty expired the thing started to make loud horrible noises after it was turned on."

Do they have timers or what? :rflmao:

The display looks like one of those incredibly cheap blue displays you can find at electronic surplus places for $1.99.

I wish someone would buy one, dissect it and post pics, and bench test the output. But who has that kind of money to throw in the trash?

I wish someone would buy one, dissect it and post pics, and bench test the output. But who has that kind of money to throw in the trash?

That sounds like a perfect crowd funding project. Get a couple bucks from each basher in this thread and go for it :thumbsup:

I think you would also need a pair of similar rated speakers to test and dissect concurrently.

Yep and post the results...say in Amazon customer reviews. Complete power output and distortion tests, pics of the innards, analysis of everything from wire gauges to transformer size.

I don't have the test equipment to do it but I'd sure love to see it.

BTW just yesterday I read somewhere at AK (possibly an old thread) about the use of signal bursts to test drivers. No one puts 50W continuous into a tweeter, they put a 5 ms burst at a certain frequency into it and measure the response at two different input power levels. Then somehow you can construct the power handling capability depending on the linearity of the test. It was actually a thread about AR replacement tweeters and may not have even been on AK.

Anyway this is probably how the 1000W output is determined for a POS like this. It can put out that kind of current for a few milliseconds, maybe. But not any longer. Which makes it pretty irrelevant for audio - at least, if you are passing it off as continuous power output.

I read the manual too, not even a Specs page. :confused:

From Amazon:
"whenever i connect a usb to the usb port it makes lots of noise and the music plays very low...."

"Worked just ok for one year, It did have some distortion noise that was irritating. Literally one week after the warranty expired the thing started to make loud horrible noises after it was turned on."

Do they have timers or what? :rflmao:

The display looks like one of those incredibly cheap blue displays you can find at electronic surplus places for $1.99.

Tox you missed the 5 star review from the manufacturer's page, obviously a satisfied customer... :rflmao:
Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 5.27.46 PM.png

That sounds like a perfect crowd funding project. Get a couple bucks from each basher in this thread and go for it :thumbsup:

I think you would also need a pair of similar rated speakers to test and dissect concurrently.

I wish we could do this with every audio component in the name of science and consumer information. And lab test the components while we're at it. With top caliber, calibrated test equipment. And provide unbiased technical reviews of the equipment, it's build and engineering quality.

If there's anyone who would be able to do justice to an exposé on something like this, it's Dave from EEVBlog:

Sorry folks, I was pretty stoked when I put this high end amp up for your viewing. I am just shocked at your responses. Here in Arkansas this amp is considered nice gear! Well back to my viddles and road kill soup.

Yep and post the results...say in Amazon customer reviews. Complete power output and distortion tests, pics of the innards, analysis of everything from wire gauges to transformer size.

I don't have the test equipment to do it but I'd sure love to see it.

Oh,come on,you know damned well that specs are absolutely meaningless.They bear no relationship whatsoever to the actual audio performance of any unit.
It's all about the sound man.All of the many thousands of dollars I invested in my test equipment/bench is utterly worthless in view of our newfound reality of audio utopia; Crap,I wish known this before I invested in that foolish ''scientific method'' of analysis:cool:

Any product which lists watts in peak rather than RMS should be put straight in landfill out of the factory. Just cheap, nasty sh*t trying to scam people who don't know better with a high wattage figure. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Two RCA inputs for connecting the usual gallery of devices. I wonder what the line level voltage of the Tate Modern is ? Or the Louvre.

Any product which lists watts in peak rather than RMS should be put straight in landfill out of the factory. Just cheap, nasty sh*t trying to scam people who don't know better with a high wattage figure. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Peak power can be useful for rating an amp (and driver) for something like HT subwoofer use since only crazy people sit around listening to continuous sine waves at full power. Of course those peak ratings should be in addition to the continuous full-bandwidth ratings.

Peak power can be useful for rating an amp (and driver) for something like HT subwoofer use since only crazy people sit around listening to continuous sine waves at full power. Of course those peak ratings should be in addition to the continuous full-bandwidth ratings.

I generally expect RMS to be the prominent rating though. I remember the cheap and nasty systems rated as PMPO back in the 90's. PYE was one of the more prominent culprits. Teachers wasn't too far behind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom