Brexit - will it have an impact?

wgb113

Not looking for a political discussion at all so please refrain. Just curious as a fan of many British audio companies as to what impact Britain leaving the EU might have on these companies, their pricing, etc.

We have triggered 'Article 50' - the process for leaving the EU. However, it could take 2 years before the exit deal is finalised, many expect the whole process could take 10 years or more. So any changes will be slow, incremental changes will happen from time to time, there won't be any 'big rush' of changes - that's my reading of it.

The way I am reading things is it will not have a great deal of impact between the United States and the UK indeed things might improve trade wise because Brussels was always imposing itself on any trade negations the UK tried to make.

Again (as others have stated--and not being political), any changes will be in the "long run" and not "immediate", and will be based on the economic health of the world economy--not any single factor--so it could go either way for a number of reasons.

I could see a window of lessened tariffs to promote new trade agreements, but that's unlikely to affect luxury goods, more consumables and services.

I think in the long run it will be a good thing for the U.K. but in the short term I can see the other European leaders trying to have our pants down to try and make an example to other members.
But I do think this is a great opportunity for the U.K. to take back some control over our own country.

It may have an impact here in Northern Ca. I read a few days ago in the local rag that a few of the Brexit folks are heading our way with some $$$ to help split the state. Up here in the north we have only two representatives. The L.A. area has around thirty five. from what I read its a different aproch than the Jefferson movement. This state is soooo weird.

With the Dow Jones bouncing due to Trump and the War On Terror it's really hard to say how a lower British Pound Rate would effect the importation of British goods. But, buying British goods over Chinese goods is probably a good idea because the British buy more American goods. That in itself keeps prices lower....

I think it will make UK produced gear better value in Australia and the US and parts of Asia.

I know Australia will be keen to do trade deals with the Mother Country that benefit us all. I think the UK may see high quality Australian produce and meats at better prices. To me, I think brexit will ultimately end layers of middle management, red tape and corruption, all managed by an all seeing man-in-the-middle (the EU), and enable traders and countries to deal directly with their customers.

I see it as simplifying and returning to the roots of what trading should be- everyone getting a decent deal.

I think it will make UK produced gear better value in Australia and the US and parts of Asia.

I know Australia will be keen to do trade deals with the Mother Country that benefit us all. I think the UK may see high quality Australian produce and meats at better prices. To me, I think brexit will ultimately end layers of middle management, red tape and corruption, all managed by an all seeing man-in-the-middle (the EU), and enable traders and countries to deal directly with their customers.

I see it as simplifying and returning to the roots of what trading should be- everyone getting a decent deal.

I just hope our government can eventually see past the EU

For now with the exchange rate with EURO getting more favorable and still an open market with EU it may be good thing for the UK exports, and continentals buying english audio gear :) in the long run nobody can tell for sure what will happen

Back
Top Bottom