BSR turntable tonearm pickup adjustment?

Jeff Egg

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I'm working on a suitcase style full auto record player sold by Bulova watch Co. It has a idler wheel driven BSR turntable. I've cleaned, oiled and adjusted as much as I can. The auto functions work, I adjusted the setdown just fine but the pickup wants to be too far tword the spindle. With the label on the album getting in the way. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the pickup spot for the tonearm? I haven't looked under the table yet for an adjustment. I'll get that next. Thanks.

I don't recall these as having a separate adjustment for set down and reject. Under the platter there is a cam gear with some teeth missing, and a pawl where the teeth are missing, which is moved by a linkage that attaches to the arm. You may have to put a kink in the linkage to shorten it, or something may be out of place.

The setdown has a spring loaded screw at the base of the tonearm for adjustment. I'm thinking the same that it might be a spring or a rod near the cam gear for the pickup. The reject works as it should. I'll have inspect the underside of the table.

Not sure the trip linkages in these are adjustable. If it has to be too far in for it to kick the cycle cam I'd also guess something in that mechanism is funky. I don't know BSRs terribly well but its probably like a Garrard where the trip pawl has to be clean and dry or it acts up.

I wish I had taken a picture but I'll do my best to explain. I just had to bend the back of the long wide bar the actuates the auto function. There is a space to insert a flat screwdriver. I just opened it up about one millimeter or less.. Now the tonearm hits that spot at just the right moment in the runout before the lable.

Back
Top Bottom