Budget Vintage HiFi setup

Nice, minimal setup (and thoughtfully arranged as well—)

I know it's generally not advised to put things on top of speakers, but the plants really add an updated 70s vibe—love it! (And I bet it ups the WAF a few notches, as well, lol.) How do they sound on top of the wood boxes? For a bit I had my Dynaco A-25XLs on top of wood enclosures, and I found that the bass got too boomy and had too move them off...

Oh, and welcome to the brotherhood of the AR XA :thumbsup:
Thanks so much! The speakers sound fantastic ontop of the cubes. I was worried initially that the open cubes would hollow out the sound from the speakers but everything is working out ok.

This is a fine system electronically/acoustically and a beautiful addition to a beautiful room, you've done it all! What cartridge are you using?
In my vintage system, I've got working speakers, tuner, and CD player, and am restoring my amplifier and turntable. I hope to finish some year or other. At least my new(er) system is looking and sounding great!

View attachment 1048391 View attachment 1048392 View attachment 1048393 View attachment 1048394

Here's my vintage HiFi setup. Recently acquired my dream tt, a 1967 Acoustic Research XA. Setup consists of:

Marantz 2215 receiver, Advent/3 speakers, AR/XA tt, Teac A-150 deck.

The speakers are pretty powerful for their size and pretty damn loud, I live in a top floor apartment so if I went any bigger my neighbors would hate me. The Marantz is a nice little unit, just enough power for me with a warm sound. Still pretty new to the audio game but I'm happy with my setup so far.

As for my collection, mishmash of genres. From ambient to black metal. All killer, no filler.

Spinning "Deceit" by This Heat.
Very nice system you put together, welcome to the obsession.

The definition of vintage Hi-Fi.

Born and raised in the south bay. Harder to find native bay area people any more. My son who lives in NYC now says they are all out there.

Got him a 2215 for his smaller space and they work great in that application.

Yes, those terracotta saucers leak if water is standing in them.

Very simple and elegant setup. Wondering if you need some kind of isolation between the speakers and the TT being in the same piece of furniture.

Maybe....

If my turntable and speakers were in the same peice of furniture !!!!

It looks beautiful!

View attachment 1048391 View attachment 1048392 View attachment 1048393 View attachment 1048394

Here's my vintage HiFi setup. Recently acquired my dream tt, a 1967 Acoustic Research XA. Setup consists of:

Marantz 2215 receiver, Advent/3 speakers, AR/XA tt, Teac A-150 deck.

The speakers are pretty powerful for their size and pretty damn loud, I live in a top floor apartment so if I went any bigger my neighbors would hate me. The Marantz is a nice little unit, just enough power for me with a warm sound. Still pretty new to the audio game but I'm happy with my setup so far.

As for my collection, mishmash of genres. From ambient to black metal. All killer, no filler.

Spinning "Deceit" by This Heat.

Cool rig, 2215s are great sounding receivers. Your whole listening area has a great look.

Back
Top Bottom