Bullfight Band Anyone?

Toasted Almond

RIP 1952-2016
In a major coup, I have just purchased what is billed as "the world's FIRST stereophonic HIGH FIDELITY, record, NOW ON CD!"

I'm not kidding. This is a 1956 recording called "The Brave Bulls",
featuring The Original Banda Taurina, of the Plaza Mexico, the world's largest bullfighting arena. Genaro Nunez conducting (well, who else?).

Released by Audiofidelity of Rahway, New Jersey (Jersey, out in the forefront again as usual), this is EASILY my new favorite bullfight band. I am marveling at smash hits like:

1. La Virgen de la Macarena
2. El Relicario
3. Cielo Andaluz

and many, many, more of your favorites. 16 titles in all. I would translate the titles into English for you, but seeing how I took a whole year of high school Spanish, and only learned how to say "Get out of the classroom Senor Almonde" in Spanish, it would be a stretch.

The fidelity is remarkably good. You're thinking, "Why is this lunatic telling us HIS problems?" The reason would be, I have ABOUT 15 more unopened copies at cut rate pricing, still in the original longboxes with original art. I would like to hang onto a few unopened to give out as Feliz Navidad presents (they're going to be THRILLED). GREAT cover art too on the jewel box.

Any takers? Thatch? It's weird and collectible. Right up thy alley.

Toasted Almond

That was a cheap shot. You KNOW my Spanish is limited. My wife, the former Theresa Talamonti, has translated for me.

You're welcome. $2 plus ship, covers it. Send shipping address to: njgrand@bellatlantic.net Please title e-mails, The Brave Bulls, and I will not delete them as spam or potential virus bearers.

I have to head out of town here for three or four days to Lancaster, Ca. I will be operating out of Edwards Air Force Base for that time. I will attend to all my obligations when I return.

Longboxes are sealed, discs inside were sealed. Same cover art on cardboard longbox as on jewel case. If you don't require the longbox, please say so, as it will make finding suitable shipping boxes easier.

adios, (ARF-ARF, he's getting good with that Espanol eh?)

Almondo de Toastamente'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom