Bummed About My New Maverick Audio DAC1 Plus

jberenyi

Well I took advantage of the Spring Special Discount and ordered the DAC1 Plus with the total upgrade package. All I got was the standard DAC unit and no upgrade to the OP amp or tube. What a bummer. Very disappointed. How can you screw up an order like that? I wrote to them and hope to hear back. Damn that disappoints me. I was so excited to get it and what a let down.

Buyer Beware...if you buy from this place you better open the case and look inside!

Last edited:
No use bleating to the folks here. Let the vendor know how you feel and what it will take for them to make things right by you (hint: don't be shy).

P.S. Thanks for the warning.

Get a good credit from them and just buy a better tube than their upgraded tube and better op-amps than they offer (Sparkos or Burson)

No use bleating to the folks here. Let the vendor know how you feel and what it will take for them to make things right by you (hint: don't be shy).

P.S. Thanks for the warning.

Well I have let the vendor know a few times with the only choice of contact being that I have to use their Contact Form. Still no response. I must say I am not impressed at all with Maverick Audio's Customer Service. It truly sucks. If I don't hear from them today I will be going through the Paypal Resolution service and they will have to deal with these guys. I'm also going to contact my credit card company and complain and ask for a full refund. This is ridiculous. Any review that says these guys have great customer service and timely responses is smoking crack. Forgive my rant but this has me very upset.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with them, but based on my experiences with them, they will make it right. Please let us know how it turns out...if they don't make good, we want to know. Same for if they do.

That's too bad!! I have to say I'm totally impressed with mine The Sparko op amps, were a subtle, but in the end worthwhile improvement over the Maverick upgrade units. The biggest improvement was, especially after a hour or so warm up, was the Tesla tube. Bass is fuller, and tight. Works great for running my Polk XM tuner through, Smart TV etc. USB works awesome, but saw a excellent improvement from a Wire World Ultraviolet USB cable, and a Interuptor out board 5 volt power supply. Eliminates all freezeups, and really opens up the sound! Pretty incredible!! It's a close second to my Dac Box S FL, that uses a filterless ladder dac chip. The Project also needs a good warm up to sound it's best.
With the exception of the Maverick, I'm done with Delta Sigma chips. The flow and presentation is so enjoyable, it's frankly changed my music listening habits. They are way longer, and I enjoy XM, Internet radio, CD's YouTube almost all equally. Now my listening sessions are much longer and beneficial. Instead of a few minute here and there, because of fatigue. I think if your sold on solid state, look for a ladder, filterless DAC. I think eliminating the filter is key, to get the analog flow and detail, like the Maverick manages with the tube buffer.
I think ladder chips give you the ability to eliminate the filter and it's ringing draw backs, rather then ladder conversion per se.
When you have a really good program source/cd etc, it frankly rivals the best l/p cartridge or reel to reel setups I have ever heard. Pretty cool stuff!!

Last edited:
Ryan finally got a hold of me. I'm taken care. Apparently he was on vacation. In the end though he could of mentioned this on his blog. He also needs to update his update package offering. He no longer has the green text GE5670 tubes he so proudly equipped people with. Oh well. I just ordered the Sparkos OP amps for this baby. Excited to try it out. Looking for a Tesla tube next and waiting for my JAN GE 5670W NOS tube to arrive from Ebay.

Back
Top Bottom