Burner's Audio Journey...

that's a really cool setup. You must have about 15,000 cassettes with those tape players!

Haha - I wish, I have @saggy :) I have returned to my audio passion after years and I am still on the lookout of 2 more tape players that I would like to add to the collection - Hitachi D5500 and Onkyo TA-2070. I am just very fond of their built and they bring some of my good childhood memories. As for the tapes I have some recorded tapes and just await on 3 of Joe Cocker, Moby-Hotel and De-Phazz. I also have a lot of empty ones that I plan on record to some day. I will take a picture of my favourite drawer when I get a chance ;)

I loved tapes. Just the sound of them opening and closing, the sound of them flying through the air and landing on your car seat, and the sound of them going in and ejecting from the car stereo. They way you could make mixes with different songs but also with different amounts of pause between them and recording volume, if you so desired. I'm being nostalgic but it's warranted - I don't listen to tapes anymore because I prefer higher fidelity, but I love them as pieces of art. And, since the tapes are art, so must be the tape player!

I can't wait to see the picture of your tape drawer...

You are right - it is nostalgia and all the things you mentioned about the tapes. You can't throw the CD like we used to do with the tapes ;)

Love the Hitachi gear. i used to sell Hitachi and when comparing it to all the other TV's we considered it the Cadillac of electronics. i'm thinking it is sort of rare.
On the CD player i selected a TEAC P650 for its features and specs. Great bang for your buck. Just over $130.00

That's a fine collection of gear. I'm sure you get great enjoyment listening to that system.

Out of curiousity, what is your musical preference?

Hi folks, sorry for late replies. Have been busy with work and home improvements ;)

@sqlsavior - Thanks! I like the look and so do my wife. I presume this is why she still lets me keep this stack in the living room...

@Champco - There is something appealing in Hitachi Gear. I like the look and how it sound. It is hard though to find any in mint condition.

@71Challenger - Thanks! I am very happy with the system but would like to try some different speakers.
As for the musical preference - the spectrum is very wide to be honest. Recently I am in love with Snarky Puppy, Marcus Miller, Hooverphonic, The Pineapple Thief and Welshly Arms.

You can't throw the CD like we used to do with the tapes ;)

Oh, you can throw CD's around, for sure.

Of course on the the best added benefits of tapes in the car was that you and your mates could communicate without yelling while you were rewinding or fast forwarding.

An oh, Legendary is ..well..legendary. Great song.

And the more new Jazz I listen to I think I might need to move to the Netherlands. I like the furniture too.

@Drugolf - sure you can - Cd's even flying further. Just getting harder to use after a while ;)

I am growing into Jazz myself :)

This is why Sony invented MINIDISC, boys. All the ups from tapes and cds combined into one. It was brilliant! You could toss them around like tapes but enjoy the fidelity of cds.
...And nobody bought them except my brother and I... lol

This is why Sony invented MINIDISC, boys. All the ups from tapes and cds combined into one. It was brilliant! You could toss them around like tapes but enjoy the fidelity of cds.
...And nobody bought them except my brother and I... lol

I like your last sentence @KrautNotRice ;) I have never used them before until about the last year when I scored the Yamaha and some empty MiniDiscs. Pity the originals are so expensive. I can't convince myself to pay 20 pounds and more. I prefer Vinyl.

Back
Top Bottom