C-List Score Infinity Crescendo 3007

Tim 700

IMG_4311.JPG View attachment 933135 IMG_4308.JPG IMG_4309.JPG IMG_4310.JPG Just got home, had my son pick them up from the seller, great guy. Hooked them up to my computer for quick listening. Optical out of computer > Marantz SR 7500 > Infinity Crescendo 3007

I'm in love. They are pristine, he's had them in his living room for years, unused. Even the foam in in great shape, I would have taken them even if they needed a foam job.

Good lord these are awesome. Listening to:

$80.

2nd set of Infinity, my first pair are Renaissance 90's for $50.00View attachment 933131 View attachment 933131 View attachment 933132 View attachment 933131 View attachment 933135 View attachment 933135

Nice score. I hate to say this but that foam, if original will not last long. If it is a little sticky it's ready to go. I bought a pair of reference 4 which are around the same age and were NOS still in sealed boxes. The surrounds started to go shortly after I started using them. Good news is the new non sticky surrounds took them to a new level of sound quality. Even if you need to pay someone to instal new surrounds they will still be a good deal.
Jim

Hey Jim,
You are correct, a little Bob Marley this morning separated one surround, they sat for years and a little reggae bass is all it took. Extremely fragile.
I ordered new surrounds from e-Bay this a.m. I've done about 5 pairs of speakers before with varying results on my workmanship.

you're gonna be very happy with them once they're refoamed, but don't be surprised if the bass is muted post-refoam for a while. I own two pairs of 3007's (one's at my brothers) and they are great little speakers.

You found Ren 90's for 50$? jesus, that's the score of the century! I hope you kept them!

p.s. dead set and reckoning are two of my absolute favorite dead shows ever, and I have close to every show they played.

Hardest part about the refoam is getting that plastic ring off the basket. I used a heat gun on low and they came right off. Maybe just set them in the sun for a few minutes. Let us know what you think once you're back in business.

Yes, I scored a pair of Renaissance 90's for $50. from a friend who garbage picked them. I also threw in a Magnavox tube amp that he sold for around $80 or something like that.
They are my main listening speakers.

Wow!!! Just Wow... You my friend are truly lucky. $80 bucks is excellent for the 3007's and they look to be in excellent shape. 3007's are excellent all-around performers for all types of music and HT.
And you got some Renaissance 90's for $50!!! Amazing. You should play the Lotto.
The 90's are my favorite Infinity speakers for jazz and classical, but you may like those 3007's better for rock. They are very dynamic and especially good in a medium sized room.

On a sad note, I saw a pair of 3007's totally destroyed by my brother's large dogs. My father died a couple of years back and he had some 3007's in a bedroom system. My brother took those 3007's home with him a few weeks after my father passed. He put them in his living room. One weekend, my brother and his wife went out of town and I went over to his house early the next day to let his dogs out and make sure that they had water and were fed. My brother was coming home that evening. I got to his house and both speakers were completely chewed up. Even the cone drivers were chewed up. I stood there for several minutes in shock and awe. I almost cried. The only thing that I salvaged were the two Emit Tweeters.

My brother has three huge Great Danes. When they were younger, they once also ripped his leather couch apart, but had not damaged anything for a while.

Wow, sorry to hear of your dad passing and the speakers getting eaten.
OK, folks, I redid the foam surrounds on the one bass driver that was disintegrated, and now it's playing muffled.
I did a pretty good job, no gaps, minimal glue, dried overnight.
Did I dislodge the voice coil?
Never dealt with this situation before.

I would like to ask if there is a direct replacement for the woofers in the 3007's I have a set but the woofers are not the original ones. The factory number is 902-6774 but not having any luck finding these. Any help is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom