Calling all AK'ers......

VinylHanger

Navigaret ex ironia
I just wanted to extend an official invitation to join in on the daily music threads. It is a great way to get to know your fellow music lovers and learn about new tunage. I think I can go out on a limb here and say that we all listen to music. So it always surprises me when there are only a few diehards that visit the threads each day. Come on over, it is fun and only takes a few seconds to brag on the great tunes you got spinning.

P.S. This is also a challenge to certain noticeably absent mods....... you guys do listen to music don't you?

Hey, Ernie was over here proclaiming his love for Doc Severinson a little while ago. If anybody can admit that than there should be no worries. ;)

Cheers

Sometimes I think that I may be the only person on earth listening to an obscure album or CD at that moment---and as far as I know, I may be unless someone posts the same title on the daily song list here.

Negotiableterms said:
Music? Do you understand that forcing your gear to play that stuff makes it wear out at a much faster rate? Damn...just sit there and look at the pretty lights while you type, like the rest of us!

Do you think it would be okay in short bursts of 10 minutes or so. I'm really starting to miss the sound. :tears:

Drybasement said:
Hey, Ernie was over here proclaiming his love for Doc Severinson a little while ago. If anybody can admit that than there should be no worries. ;)

Cheers

Doc Severinson is, or was a great trumpet player. I have heard him on several releases, but Dizzy Gillespie's "Perceptions" is the one I have him on.

Tunes today -JJ Cale

Just have to hear some JJ every day!!! Shame so many people don't know the man who has written so much great music that others have made famous.Clapton has done many of Mr. Cales songs and has played so often with the JJ Cale sound and style.In fact I just picked up the new CD by JJ Cale and Eric Clapton together, "The Road To Escondido".Good stuff,other guests on this disc-John Mayer,Billy Preston,Gary Gilmore,Taj Mahal,Albert Lee,and others , including Derek Trucks...That reminds me, I sure as hell CANT go a day without some Allman Brothers :thmbsp:

arrow 68 said:
Doc Severinson is, or was a great trumpet player. I have heard him on several releases, but Dizzy Gillespie's "Perceptions" is the one I have him on.

Doc Severinson is still around. I saw him last year with the Long Beach Pops and a small jazz band. He still has it, blew the doors off the place.

Latest spins on the Dual; Fleetwood Mac, Live. and James Taylor.

Glenn

Negotiableterms said:
Music? Do you understand that forcing your gear to play that stuff makes it wear out at a much faster rate? Damn...just sit there and look at the pretty lights while you type, like the rest of us!
Crap. I thought the gear was just to make the room warmer. My power company loves me for it. Besides, if I actually used my equipment, I might have to replace a part someday!
Tom

Many years ago, it was thought that gear was useful for listening to music. Modern science has taught us that music is supposed to be live, or via iPod.

Gear is useful primarily to heat the room and for ambience from the pretty lights. This is the underlying explanation for the resurgence of tube gear, which glows and is warm, and McIntosh gear, with its large blue meter lights.

Negotiableterms said:
Many years ago, it was thought that gear was useful for listening to music. Modern science has taught us that music is supposed to be live, or via iPod.

Gear is useful primarily to heat the room and for ambience from the pretty lights. This is the underlying explanation for the resurgence of tube gear, which glows and is warm, and McIntosh gear, with its large blue meter lights.
It is thoughtful, informative, illuminating posts like this that keep me coming back to AK. :nerd:

Silly me, this whole time I've been listening to music. I never would have realized...

OvenMaster said:
Crap. I thought the gear was just to make the room warmer. My power company loves me for it. Besides, if I actually used my equipment, I might have to replace a part someday!
Tom

Naw, I read today in another thread that those little capsistor thangs might last 500 years.

ozmoid said:
It is thoughtful, informative, illuminating posts like this that keep me coming back to AK. :nerd:
It's being called things like "thoughtful, informative, illuminating" that keep me coming back to AK. Elsewhere, they usually tell the truth...

Negotiableterms said:
It's being called things like "thoughtful, informative, illuminating" that keep me coming back to AK. Elsewhere, they usually tell the truth...

"Live by the foma that serve you best."

-The Books of Bokonon-

Not rock , but ROCKS !

For you classical music lovers, or just something new, try listening to the soundtrack for "Pirates of the Caribbean, at world's end".
It is a great soundtrack, composed by Hans Zimmer.
The tracks are mostly very dynamic and will test the guts of your music system.

My wife and I were on a road-trip, I picked the CD up on a whim, put it into the changer in our Pontiac Grand Prix and was blown away with the music, I hope you like it

Back
Top Bottom