Calling all Texans

I'd love to be there but I'll be in Arkansas visiting with an Air Force buddy I haven't seen in fifty years.
Please, keep me/us informed on what's going on here. think I'll like Texas. Seems to be a lot going on here.

I'm relatively new to San Antonio as well! I've recently learned about the River City Audio Society, are there also other groups or get togethers any of you can recommend here?

Some of you may not be aware that very recently my family relocated to the San Antonio area. I would love to have some of our fine AK members over to enjoy a day of chit chatting, music and chow.

Will be picking a weekend date in the near future, once we figure out what works for most. Thanks and look forward to meeting some old, and new friends.

Grumpy
Hi there,
I hope you are doing well. My husband and I relocated to Mississippi about a year ago because of his new job. I will always be a Texas girl at heart though. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Hi there,
I hope you are doing well. My husband and I relocated to Mississippi about a year ago because of his new job. I will always be a Texas girl at heart though. I hope you and your family are doing well.

We're doing great. Still trying to get used to this heat, but it is getting better. Thanks

It'll start cooling down soon. I lived in Chicago and New York for just over 20 years and have quite the collection of winter coats.

I've been in Dallas six years now and have a light windbreaker which is the only coat I use now November thru April. The heats a killer but winters are nice.

Just came across this thread - sorry I missed the music fete at the Grumpy’s. About 2 hours north at Lampasas. Hope to have another opportunity.

Yes, any plans for another?

Funny you asked. I would like to do another get together for everyone in the next month, or so. Working on the date now. Keep an eye out for the announcement. Hope to see both new, and old friends again.

Thanks
Dave

Trying to make March 24th work. Will let everyone know soon. Thanks

Dave

The weather in San Antonio was quite raw in February and early March of 1836 when the Texian rebels and American mercenaries were besieged in the Alamo. The Federal army marched up into Texas through snow storms.

Wasn't aware the Crockett Gang was paid. Too bad they didn't get to spent it.

Yeah, we’re staying on the South Side at the RV park at Roosevelt and Southcross, right on the river. We rented a lot there long term and will use San Antonio as our base for travelling.

View attachment 1108731

Fantastic ! Lets try and get together some time. Would not mind grabbing a meal with you some time.

Just don't expect much from my system. No room for monster Altecs, or horns at my place :)

Drop me a line if you and the misses would like to get together before March. We can exchange contact info if ya like.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom