Calling all Yamaha cr-3020 owners

I found that the CR-3020 enclosure that I restored had a finish more common with Yamaha pianos than audio equipment. It was very hard and stripper wouldn't touch it. I ended up just sanding it with very fine sandpaper and having a local custom motorcycle shop lay an automotive clear coat on top. Looks great.

A little late to the party but I've got one too.

S/N 1534

This is the lowest S/N I've seen and from what I read there were something closer to 1k of these made. Is there any weird chance they started making these are a S/N other than 00001?

http://imgur.com/a/28Lu0

Last edited:
A little late to the party but I've got one too.

S/N 1534

This is the lowest S/N I've seen and from what I read there were something closer to 1k of these made. Is there any weird chance they started making these are a S/N other than 00001?

http://imgur.com/a/28Lu0
I doubt it. I have never seen a mfg start @ serial # 1. Sometimes a serial # is coded to indicate the mo & yr of mfg.

What are the chances?! I just acquired its older brother (or sister). S/N 1533.
Ha! Brilliant! We may have to do some sort of east/west Germany reunification meetup so they can see eachother after all these years. Mine popped up in Lincoln Nebraska by the way.

Okay. This is the best I can do on short notice. As for the S/N, you will have to take my word. I'm not moving the beast to get the S/N.

My SX-1250 on top just to get a perspective of how big this beast is...

32808528605_04451f0519_k.jpg

You could edit your first post to include the members that own the 3020, but of course that is entirely up to you.

Yes Merrylander does have one #2484 and a CR--800 and a CR2040 as well.
Well, no 3020 here, but we share the Owens Corning basement system. Although, my floor is carpeted and a drop ceiling resides above. It's such a great place to really hear the music; minimal reflections, very quiet.

By the way, I'm sorry for your loss. It is, however, nice to see your posts. Following your threads was one of the reasons I became a member.

Sorry to divert, back to the 3020's.:)

Last edited:
We did get the drop ceiling in, I had planned on doing it myself but age creeps up on you so I hired Brother's Services to come in and do the job. Then I did the lighting and ductwork. When eyesight and arthritis ended stereo work I bought a big scanner, went through old photos and took up picture framing. There are four generations hanging on those walls.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 74
  • PRWALL1.JPG
    PRWALL1.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Achievments.JPG
    Achievments.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG