Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

You got me ;) Didn't even think of that, see told you I was stupid. I have 1 marble that rolls around in my head....It's my own built in Pinball machine :)
Oh, you said it alright. That doesn't necessarily make it so. You were smart enough to buy some quality Yamaha ampware. So don't be too hard on yourself. Thanks for the chuckle however.

No Problem. It's all good mate! How is summer going downunder?
Not quite Summer yet. The last month of spring. We've had some hot and humid days lately. Some really warm and humid nights which are killer. The other night it was 77 degrees F and 90% humidity at 10pm. It was stifling and really hard to sleep.
I shouldn't complain. It can be worse in other parts of Australia and at least we don't have to worry about snow or freezing to death. It can and does get cold in Winter, but the lowest temp I've seen here in 20 years on the Sunshine Coast was 32.9 degrees Fahrenheit. The usual lowest temp seen in Winter here is around 35.6 degree Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, the Winter days are sunny and reach a bearable maximum of 66.2 degree Fahrenheit. Sometimes a little warmer than that. Hence as I said: No snow.

It did cross my mind that it could be interpreted as an obscure reference.

Btw, you might have noticed that I've update my signature. Haven't received it yet, but Ed is building one for me.

Well Mark I'm sure you've read what I've said about it. The great thing about it is that it is seemingly immune from interconnect/ impedance mismatch interactions. The Upside is that it appears to be a wide, clear, open window on the preceding components. The Downside is that is is a wide,clear, open window on the preceding components. If the preceding components are capable, it'll show all that they are capable of. If the preceding components possess foibles, it'll show where they fail to rise to the occasion. All of the good. All of the not so good. The same way that a mirror doesn't lie.
In a system like yours I'm sure that the result will be enchanting. Please start a thread and let me know If I haven't joined it in the first few days.

^^^ I will. "The Truth" will be used with an MX-10000, CDX-10000, GT-2000, and NS-1000xw's.

I also have a Townshend Allegri on the way, so I will have a top flight AVC preamp to compare to.

Last edited:
What's the general concensus regarding NS-200M vs. NS-590 speakers?
Is one much better / more expensive than the other when new?
Such an awesome thread btw...
Keep the Yamaha pron coming!

What's the general concensus regarding NS-200M vs. NS-590 speakers?
Is one much better / more expensive than the other when new?
Such an awesome thread btw...
Keep the Yamaha pron coming!

The NS-590 has a beryllium dome tweeter which is nice; the 200m's have titanium carbide tweeter and mids with a spruce cone woofer. The NS-200m seems to be a monitor version of the NS-70T which is a fine sounding speaker. I'm not sure which was priced more when new.
The NS-590 looks like a stripped down consumer version of the NS-500m in some respects. The 590's and 500m's both have b-tweeters but differ in mids and woofers. Whereas the 590 looks to have paper cone woofer and mids the 500m has titanium mids and carbon fiber woofers.

Some beautiful gear here. Here's my modest contribution, an R-500 receiver.

Yamaha_500_1.jpg

Yamaha_500_5.jpg

Think I just scored a set of ns330 ear speakers...

Will post pics soon ,,, I hope they gonna work very well with the Sansui AU111 or the DIY 2a3 SET amp.

Ahhhh they arrived ... what a special speaker ...
I read a lot of negative about them , but now I need to ask how it was setup and matched when those people listened to them...

At first yes what a waste of money they sounded muddy with the 2a3 amp...

Moved them around a bit and then !! finally something happened as I moved them further away from the back wall....
they are now about two meters away from the back wall and a bit closer together and suddenly the magic starts ... making musical music ... I am impressed and happy is an understatement ...
played some Randy Crawford , Santana , earth wind and fire , Michael Jackson and now enjoying Bob Marleys Legend....

So to be honest I am listening to something like a esl57 with a bit of boom ... ... awesome to my tastes...

Cannot wait for the AU111 and the analogue channels to be tested with these monsters....

Last edited:
Forgot to mention ... the reason why I placed them so close to each other is because these speakers are designed funny like there are two left( or right speakers) ... so in the one speaker the tweeter sits on the outer side and on the other in the inner side ..... strange

Interesting looking speakers. I'm glad you are enjoying your new speakers. They look very unique

Since this thread is dedicated to Yamaha topics, I suggest you start a new thread under "Speakers" or "General Audio" for this topic.

Oh apologies ... did not understand that Yamaha speakers is excluded ...

Mods ... Not sure how to delete posts of above Yamaha speakers, please delete from this thread ..

Back
Top Bottom