Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

My recently completed restoration of a badly damaged GT-2000 turntable. Full story can be found in the Turntable forum!

uoHUEZs.jpg

looks peachy. :trebon:
The restoration was well worth it. IIRC, this beauty was dropped and damaged by the shipping gorilla. I have to read your thread to come up to date with the entire jurney...

what a beauty! Both, the table and the speakers look like new. Perfect finish match.
I see you replaced the foam sourrounds of those woofers. Really nice job!:trebon:
Nah, can't take the credit - I've only had them for about 4 weeks now, they came replaced. They did a nice job though ---- except notice on the one speaker, the wires on the woofer are at 3 o'clock... should be at 12 o'clock if you want to nitpick!!! :) I could always address it by opening it up and rotating - simple fix, assuming there is enough speaker wire in the cabinet! They could have cut it, don't know till I open them. I plan on having a peek at the X-over and measuring, so I'll open them soon.

The other pic of the other woofer shows they learned from the first one.

Nah, can't take the credit - I've only had them for about 4 weeks now, they came replaced. They did a nice job though ---- except notice on the one speaker, the wires on the woofer are at 3 o'clock... should be at 12 o'clock if you want to nitpick!!! :) I could always address it by opening it up and rotating - simple fix, assuming there is enough speaker wire in the cabinet! They could have cut it, don't know till I open them. I plan on having a peek at the X-over and measuring, so I'll open them soon.

The other pic of the other woofer shows they learned from the first one.
no worries, they look great.

Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing!
I've always wondered about the Soavo speakers, do they have the typical Yamaha house sound (accurate, neutral with dry bass)?
They sure are great looking.

Thanks! As I said for the other setup it's nice to be able spread them out to get some real imaging. Now it's a matter of small tweaks in positioning (and maybe room treatments) to dial in the detail.

It was love a first sight for me and the Soavo's. Once I got them hooked up I absolutely did not regret the decision. Besides just looking amazing, the Soavo 1's have a beautiful voicing (think Bowie Aladdin Sane...) that is a little milder than the NSF-P901's
(which are more midrange forward due to updates in the crossover) but both are overall neutral, detailed and have substantial bass that is definitely warmer than the NS-690's or NS-1000x's I have. I listened to the new NS-5000's in Japan and it honestly made me feel pretty good about the NSF-P901's. The little storage cubes are from Target years ago that I added feet to and reinforced/braced internally to hold up the NS-690's without buckling. I don't really care for that rack (can shake too much from front to back...thank goodness for concrete floors and ball bearings) but it's what I've got to work with for the time being until I get one like setup #1. I'm really looking forward to going home and listening to some tunes today. I can't wait to try some others carts (AT 160ml, AT 33e) with the PF-800.

Playing with acoustic panels at the moment and how I want to set up the room. The rooms a little small, but it’s balancing out. Never realized how much treatment could improve something till I decide to do it.

Current setup sumiko blue point evo iii- vpi Classic- Yamaha c4- bozak n106b (bi amp)- yamaha m2 (bass)- Yamaha m4 (mids/tweets)- bozak cg’s.

The c-2 under the turn table I’m not impressed with. (Yes it’s been completely gone through) only thing that needs to see a tech is the m4.
388C05E6-25EE-4E44-B6F1-E8D058E218C9.jpeg

Playing with acoustic panels at the moment and how I want to set up the room. The rooms a little small, but it’s balancing out. Never realized how much treatment could improve something till I decide to do it.

Current setup sumiko blue point evo iii- vpi Classic- Yamaha c4- bozak n106b (bi amp)- yamaha m2 (bass)- Yamaha m4 (mids/tweets)- bozak cg’s.

The c-2 under the turn table I’m not impressed with. (Yes it’s been completely gone through) only thing that needs to see a tech is the m4.

Acoustic treatment is awesome stuff.
Regarding the C-2, have you tried a tube buffer to see if it changes the sound to your liking? I'm having tremendous results with a cheapo tube buffer (with upgraded tubes) in my system and can only recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom