Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Not 100% sure its C554. But it is one within that circuitry. Really no big deal and shouldn't have anything to do with amplifier operation.

:beerchug:Today marks this thread's 15th birthday.:beerchug:
Happy birthday Yamaha picture thread!
:bigok:

^^^^^^ Yamaha NS-1000MM aka my desktop speakers, sitting on stands right behind my computer desk, powered by a Focusrite DAC and Topping TP20 mini amp.

Out of interest - what are the stands? I've not yet found a set with a top plate small enough for my NS1000MMs!

8449423F-27BA-4394-9C59-CCCA70B84920.jpeg
Not 100% sure its C554. But it is one within that circuitry. Really no big deal and shouldn't have anything to do with amplifier operation.
At what point do I consider having this amp rebuilt or upgraded? I also have what appears to be a ground wire unattached inside! I’ve been here a short time and do know that avionic is the guru with these Yamahas. Thanks

Attachments

• 227FA014-F249-4B0C-805F-ABB7BD7615D4.jpeg
    227FA014-F249-4B0C-805F-ABB7BD7615D4.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 16
I’m assuming the ground wire should have a nut and a washer and connect to the stud that goes out of the back? Don’t see any loose parts floating around. I’ve never grounded an amp before, I’ve only had intergrats and never worried about it, with this amp I want it right.

I’m assuming the ground wire should have a nut and a washer and connect to the stud that goes out of the back? Don’t see any loose parts floating around. I’ve never grounded an amp before, I’ve only had intergrats and never worried about it, with this amp I want it right.
it looks like someone atempted to replace the RCAs or repair them. The wireing looks....well, not as it should. Additionally, the ground wire is off the chasis. This is not the neutral, just the ground wire. You can re-attach it with any of the chassis screws, but I would revisit the wireing first.

And here I thought the amp was untouched but I can see some goofy solder connections, thought it was done factory.
The solder blobs on the back are factory/OEM. The RCA wireing and the small board wrapped in what appears to be black electrical tape, is not OEM

I meant to say that I also see a cement resistor on the main board. If you post more photos, I would be able to point out what was replaced

Back
Top Bottom