can anybody identify this vintage gear

donberry

I purchased this, paid more than I wanted to and it's a good thing I didn't know where it was or I probably wouldn't have bought it - thought it was in Memphis, 4 hours from me but turned out it's in Little Rock , 6 1/2 hours or so from me - am picking it up the 17th.
I mainly wanted the amps but am very curious if anyone knows what #1 and/or #2 in the picture is ?
I'm guessing #1 is an audio analyzer but just guessing.
I definitely know the 9440a amps and pretty sure those 2 pieces on top are 1589 mic preamps. Guessing the silver #2 has to do with mics also ?
any info appreciated
mp64OjD.jpg

2 looks to be a mixer. This was probably a school PA system.

You got two Altec amplifiers there and they look to be stereo, 2 channel in PA use.

Yeah I was thinking a school PA as well, perhaps level controls to different areas:idea:.
Where'd it come from?

Number 1 is just a monitor. It does have its own speaker, VU meter, and (I believe) line controls. We had one like this in junior high and it was used for monitoring just before anything went out over the system. Also useful in setting microphone levels so the classrooms didn't hear distortion.

And yes, I was part of a daily broadcast in 9th grade and was always drooling over the PA system. I would sneak peaks behind and remember seeing 6L6 type tubes and big transformers. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom