Can anyone fix a Lexicon RV-8 for audiodon?

Hi absolve. I can check that out for you tomorrow. I have one with the fan and one without but I will add the fan to the second one.

OK, here you go. The fan used in the RV-8 looks to be discontinued now but there are similar fans available. This is a 24 VDC fan but they are running it off the +12 VDC supply output so it is "under-volted" to run quietly. The fan leads are soldered to the +12v and GND pins on the SPS PC board.

I believe the fan is rated for 33 cfm at 24V but will flow quite a bit less than that at 12V. The fan dimensions are 80mm x 80mm. Mine measured 10mm thick but the spec says 15mm. Maybe that extra 5mm allows for wire clearance and/or a filter or shroud.

You'd have a hard time making a bracket like the one Lexicon used but you could accomplish the same thing by making up four small flat L brackets. That's what I plan to do.
RV-8 SPS-Fan in Chassis.JPG

Attachments

• RV-8 SPS-Fan Removed 1.JPG
    RV-8 SPS-Fan Removed 1.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 16
  • RV-8 SPS Fan Label.JPG
    RV-8 SPS Fan Label.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 15
  • RV-8 SPS-Fan Removed 3.JPG
    RV-8 SPS-Fan Removed 3.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 17
  • RV-8 SPS-Fan Removed 2.JPG
    RV-8 SPS-Fan Removed 2.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 17
Well dang, now I'm having the same problems with the big boy again. I had it off for a week, turned it back on, and am getting error lights and continuous reboots. The main amp fans also turned on unexpectedly at one point. Occasionally it would make it through the start-up, but I would get no sound from one input, or it would be noisy and static from another input. I'm thinking I may just part it out.

Back
Top Bottom