Can anyone ID these silver face components from this lousy photo?

swechsler

Frog Whisperer
Not my pic, and I haven't seen them in person. The style of rack handle made me think Rotel but I couldn't find a match with a Google image search.

components.jpg

I thought it had a Luxman vibe as well, but I can't recall them using those oblong buttons. Technics used them a lot, but nothing else about the pieces particularly says Technics to me.

Holy cow, looks like the top unit is a Nikko NA-2090. Great call!
I love this place. I think that is correct. It must have been the lighting/angle which made those buttons look oblong.

That answer leaves a different question. If the top is an integrated, not a pre as I had assumed, what is the thing at the bottom? A separate power amp or something else?

Looks like a fan in the front and the rack handles don't match so probably not a set, but would guess it is a power amp.

The rack handles on the integrated are unique. I would guess custom plate, as I never have seen or heard of rack handled NA-2090

The rack handles on the integrated are unique. I would guess custom plate, as I never have seen or heard of rack handled NA-2090

Yeah I thought they looked a bit DIY.

Looks like rack handles mounted on L-shaped rack ears which can be screwed into the front chassis side supports, assuming it works to support the weight. Seen that on various TASCAM cassette decks, Pioneer SPEC gear, etc.

As for the possible power amp on the bottom with a fan and rack handles, seems to remind me of the back of a piece of test gear, like the back of a rackmount oscilloscope.

did the OP ever check this stuff out?

Back
Top Bottom