can anyone id this amp?

kc8adu

had a sticker saying it was from a hammond b3.
i dont recall the b3 having a power amp.
maybe from a leslie?
tubes are
2x 5u4g
4x 6l6g
1x 6sl7
appears to be a p-p-p mono amp
approx24x6x3
i will post pics on my ftp as ak's are broken.
mvc-014f.jpg
mvc-015f.jpg

Last edited:
I have pulled amps out of Hammonds and Leslies and I believe they sourced transformers, chokes and chassis from the same source. Leslie tried to join forces with Hammond but failed to do so even though Leslies were always more popular that Hammond Tone Cabinets.

I have never seen a B3 up close, but since they seem speakerless there would be no reason for a power amp.

Ahhh, the rare and highly sought after red X in a square amp. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Originally posted by kc8adu
tubes are
2x 5u4g
4x 6l6g
1x 6sl7
appears to be a p-p-p mono amp

Can't see your picture but I have an organ amp that sounds like that. If they match, let's make a pair! I tried mine out once with a music signal and it worked fine. I'll get a picture.

You want mine, you want to sell/swap yours? I'm pretty easy.

Hey, if they match, maybe I can swap these Zenith NOS TV parts I have for yours...

we may be able to do something.
i bought it with a bunch of stuff i wanted and i dont have a pair of them so it needs a new home
was going to ebay it to recover part of my investment.
no tubes but they are common.
no signs of transformer meltdown or other serious trouble.
got some nice iron on it.
im all ears
:D

And we're kinda close!

No tubes is not a problem -- those I have.

I know that's a heavy one. Once we get pictures again on AK we can compare and contrast. IIRC, mine has a male octal connector for speakers etc. I recall some alligator clips when I tried it out...

I might have a Dayton trip in the future. Got any special tube needs, or ??? Transformers, chokes?

Originally posted by tubino
Hey, if they match, maybe I can swap these Zenith NOS TV parts I have for yours...
your pm box is full.
let me know about thos parts and make me an offer on the amp.
want to clear out some stuff and it is headed to ebay soon.

Looks IDENTICAL to mine! How about you PM an address and I'll send you some parts?

Originally posted by tubino
Looks IDENTICAL to mine! How about you PM an address and I'll send you some parts?
what are these parts?
if they are something i can use we can work it out.
btw what did your amp come from?

I started out a KA0 and my KD came with my advanced license.

Nice to see another amateur on here. Incase you did not know it Tim is a ham as well.

Rich

Originally posted by kc8adu
what are these parts?
if they are something i can use we can work it out.
btw what did your amp come from?
Oh, the parts are NOS Zenith TV parts, all in the original boxes. See the picture for a small selection. I have a list in Excel, I think, mostly complete.

The amp I have still has the metal tag (that seems to be missing on yours?) It says Baldin Tone Cabinet model S, IIRC. I think I got it in a batch of organ amps from some local repair guy. I bought the batch mostly to get a corner horn, but figured I could make a little on the organ amps. I was wrong about that though -- I listed a nice pair on ebay and could't get $40 (that was without tubes, but the transformers and chokes alone seemed worth twice that). I'm going to try rebuilding a pair with user-friendly touches.

the pics are broken.
if the parts are for old round screen color sets i can use them.
kc8adu at dayton dot net

Being able to see the pics of the amp I would say that it looks like an amp from a Conn. Both Hammonds and Leslies had transformers and chokes that are silver in color and everyone that I have seen the transformers and chokes are side mounted in rectangular holes.

Has anyone ever identified this chassis? I also have one (most of one) and would like to locate a schem and specs.

Thankyou, for your time and your help
Keith

Last edited:
Does anyone have two output transformers and one choke for sale for this chassis. I know it only the original design only uses one output transformer, but this would be easy chassis to modify as a stereo amp.

Thankyou,
Keith

Back
Top Bottom