Can you suggest a movie you watched more than once...and got more outta it?

Known as "The ton up boys".

I'm looking for a movie though. Fan of this one too when I had HD Theater in my cable bundle -

b941e838-715a-4141-8e54-ffffc3960ece.jpg

For me this time around...it was "Inglorious Basterds".

I've prob viewed this war effort movie a half doz times, but seem to find some military detail, nuance in the dialogue, or non verbal communication between the different actors.

As well, I STILL have trouble at times accepting this movie as a satire! I don't think I'm alone in this? At times, I think it's closer to a comedy.:D

Q

Last edited:
I'm looking for a movie though. Fan of this one too when I had HD Theater in my cable bundle -

b941e838-715a-4141-8e54-ffffc3960ece.jpg
I don't know if there is enough material to fill a movie as a full length documentary, tho' there's more vid stuff on the Ton-up boys to be found for those interested.
For the Yanks, Hunter Thompson's Hell's Angels is about as close as a documentary gets, afaik, about a lifestyle of criminally inclined outsiders on two wheels. Generally tho', BS abounds in the genre, so grains of salt and all that.

I don't know if there is enough material to fill a movie as a full length documentary, tho' there's more vid stuff on the Ton-up boys to be found for those interested.
For the Yanks, Hunter Thompson's Hell's Angels is about as close as a documentary gets, afaik, about a lifestyle of criminally inclined outsiders on two wheels. Generally tho', BS abounds in the genre, so grains of salt and all that.

Before the movie covers the Hells Angels, you have to go back and cover groups such as the Booze Fighters, who made up their members, and why they rode. Oh and don’t forget the incident in Hollister CA (and how it was blown out of proportion).

If you ignore the “clubs” for a bit and just focus on the individual riders, who rode from coast to coast in the U.S. That is a story in itself.

Or at least a Ken Burns Florentine Films doc. The riders' history, from the factory records riders thru the early years, 1920s and 30s, civilian clubs and notable lone wolves, dispatch military riders, and the post-WW-2 era of the discharged restless vets and their clubs and groups, and the attempts by the AMA and HD to rescue the tattered image the criminally inclined convey about these machines and their riders. Lastly, the culture of the image of the "outlaw" rider lifestyle and their heavily customized police auction machines in the near present and present, it's popularization and commercialization, and it's decline.

Before the movie covers the Hells Angels, you have to go back and cover groups such as the Booze Fighters, who made up their members, and why they rode. Oh and don’t forget the incident in Hollister CA (and how it was blown out of proportion).

If you ignore the “clubs” for a bit and just focus on the individual riders, who rode from coast to coast in the U.S. That is a story in itself.

Last edited:
Hate to admit it:rolleyes:...as I've even memorized some of the one liners from this comedy-horror flick, but "Young Frankenstein" still offers new significant details that I keep seeing the next time around.

Can't count the number of times viewed, but each time I tend to admire/notice some of the effort/planning that went into this satire that I've missed before. The details may be either visual or audio related...but they are there.

Q

Grapes of Wrath, Kelly's Heroes and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. For the most part, these are on my list of when they're on, I'm watchin'.

The subtle humor of Jane Darwell in Grapes of Wrath .... fantastic! And the overall acting in all three - blows today's movies away.

As for movies that I keep watching because they're beautifully shot or just a mind trip and there's new things to find each time: Once Upon a Time in The West (think I like Sergio Leone much?); North by Northwest, 300; 2001 and a recent indie: Ink (this is a mind trip movie uber alles).

Of course there's so many more ...

Back
Top Bottom