Canon HV20a - video capture ?

Peter cli

Hello,

I have a Canon HV20a .

i want to capture the contents of the mini dv tapes into files to my computer .

How do I connect - it has a fire wire port but my computer doesn't have fire wire. Can i use the HDMI - what do i connect to (I use HDMI for output to monitors).

What video editing software should I get ?

Thanks a lot,Peter

FireWire cards are pretty cheap. I bought one with a short cord for about $15 probably three or four tears ago. I'd try that route.

As for the software, are you just wanting to make the videos viewable or are you wanting to do some post processing to make them look better and/or edit them?

ok, but i have another question. Is there any tools to edit the recording? I've recorded the footage process from the display but i would like to crop and edit it for a video tutorial. Any suggestions?

guys??? I am still waiting
If u still need I can suggest some applications. Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas if you are a pro, but as u ask this question u dont know anything about editing so Movavi by my opinion will be the best option. In comparison to Sony Vegas and Premiere, Movavi is way more easy and trust me, it has all the tools u are gonna need. I'm personally using it, so, that's why I suggest it ))

If u still need I can suggest some applications. Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas if you are a pro, but as u ask this question u don't know anything about editing so Movavi in my opinion will be the best option. In comparison to Sony Vegas and Premiere, Movavi is way easier and trust me, it has all the tools u are gonna need. I'm personally using it, so, that's why I suggest it ))
Thank you, dude!

ok, but i have another question. Is there any tools to edit the recording? I've recorded the footage process from the display but i would like to crop and edit it for a video tutorial. Any suggestions?
What does the phrase in bold mean? You pointed your smartphone to the flip-out LCD screen and recorded onto the phone? ;) Get Firewire extension card, ingest in a computer through Firewire, then edit with whatever editing application your heart desires. They commonly are known as "non-linear editing tools" or just "non-linear editors" or NLE. Both Windows and Mac has basic editors included.

The HV20 shoots interlaced video, so before uploading to YouTube you need to deinterlace correctly. Or just shoot in PF30.

Back
Top Bottom