Can't Find Old Threads

McInRantz

I hate this new format. I can't find anything. I see no way to search for old threads from like 2006 on back. Oftentimes, when I search for something on Google or Bing, I get results from AudioKarma. When I click on these results, I get a message on AudioKarma that the thread/post could not be found. Are the old threads archived? If so, where are they?

It must be the device you're using. I just searched out a couple of old threads via Google and was able to access them with no difficulty.

I'm using the same computer I have for quite a few years. I just ran another search on Bing for "Optimus 5 tweeters drivers" (without quotes), and got a result titled, "Need Help Finding Tweeters for Optimus 5 (Archive)". It shows the thread is from 2009. When I click on the link, I get an AudioKarma page that says, "AudioKarma Home Audio Stero Discussion Forums - Error". Below that it says, "TheRequested Page Could Not Be Found".

What would my computer have to do with that? Same computer, Same OS. Same browser. I haven't changed anything since I joined AK. I think the "location" of the thread changed or something and is now indexed incorrectly or something.

When I visit the search function on AK, the little calendar that pops up does NOT go back far enough to search for these older threads. I see no way to find these older threads.

BTW, I never had any problems searching and viewing older threads until this new format was put into place.

OK. I just did a search for "Optimus 5" using the advanced AK search function. I got 18 pages of results, and I ordered them from most recent.

On the 18th page, which contains the OLDEST threads found about Optimus 5, the oldest thread is from 2012! The result that Bing came up with is from 2009. It is a genuine thread. It shows some of the thread under the link.

So, it appears it is NOT me. Where are these older threads?

Even that little annoying "calandar" that keeps popping up when I click in the search box or on the advanced search page DOESN'T go back to 2009!

I just easily accessed the "Need Help Finding Tweeters For Optimus 5" thread using a Google search on my I-Pad.

I'm afraid it is just you.

I don't use Google. I use Bing. I can't stand Google. But, I digress. I know about using the function site:audiokarma.org. I tried just "title search". Yes, I can see all the threads from 2009 and 2007 linked above. I tried clearing out the cache. I still get old (archived) links when I try and conduct a search on Bing. Of course not all results are archived. The ones that are archived give the word "archive" in parentheses. Those are the ones I get an error of page not found when I click on them. If I run an AK advanced search using the EXACT title of the thread that Bing shows in its archived link, AK search does NOT bring up the result that Bing had. It's like I can't access some older threads before some unknown date. I'm not sure where the cutoff is. It's annoying because it seems that some of the info I am looking for is inaccessible.

Here's an example of a Bing search result for "Nova 15":

1. Realistic Nova 15's [Archive] - AudioKarma.org Home …
    www.audiokarma.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-278887.html
    [Archive] Realistic Nova 15's Speakers ... They were mid level Realistic speaker from the mid 80s, 79.99 each, ported design, and real walnut veneer was still being ...
My REAL question is: Where is the access to this "Archive" of threads?

On, and to answer your question, AK does not have an archive of threads. All threads are active.

Back
Top Bottom