Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

Discussion in 'AK New Format' started by Wardsweb, Sep 15, 2016.

1. w5hro

w5hro AK Subscriber Subscriber

What ???

It's a problem with the older version of xenforo installed here. It simply wont support all of the new browsers with HTLM5. That is the problem and is the reason why myself and others couldn't get the upload button to work when clicking on it until disabling the flash uploader. The board was trying to make our browsers use that and it wont work.

Anyway, I only posted what's going on to try and help because I realized what was happening and why. I also have an xenforo board myself (https://analogforever.net) and I remember when they fixed the problem. Xenforo added the new HTML5 support so the uploader will pop up just like it does with the flash uploader and it will look and work the same. The only way to correct it is to upgrade the board.

Hope that helps...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Dude111

Dude111 Analogue is Awesome

Cant you just use the flash or reg uploader? (I dunno why you are forced to use HTML5 if you dont want to)

Not at all buddy..... I use flash alot..... I play games,etc :)

Yes im on IE6 and I have flash uploader disabled and it works fine with a reg uploader...... (Its not a flash uploader,its a reg tradional file uploader like ya see on most sites)

Can ya do that buddy??

EDIT:

I see you say you did disable it,im sorry.......

EDIT2:

I just checked USE FLASH UPLOADER and the site still gave me the reg uploader..... That means it can detect what browser your using and give you the right one regardless......

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  3. analog addict

analog addict Glory or Death!

Question for the Mods. I would like to go back to some older threads and fix the nuked photobucket links with flickr images. However, it looks like my posts are closed out at some point in time to editing. Is there a way around this, or are these old threads nuked by photobucket forever? And no, I don't want to pay them $33 a month for the privilege of linking my own pix.....

4. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

to edit posts you need to subscribe mine has run out as it happens . mods can do it but they are busy already .

5. analog addict

analog addict Glory or Death!

Ah. Was a subscriber until fairly recently. Haven't had much reason for it recently

6. AdamAnt316

AdamAnt316 Collector of heavy things Subscriber

Was trying to post in a thread, when I got an error message box reading as such:

The following error occurred:
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

I returned to the main page, went back into the thread, and was able to post the message from the auto-saved content. I then noticed that I'd forgotten to enter a link, clicked Edit, added said link, and when I tried to submit it, got the error again. Not sure if it's connected to links, or what. I got the error every time I tried to add a link or include a URL in this post. Very odd.
    -Adam

7. slowpat

slowpat Slowly but surely.... Subscriber

Did your subscription run out?

8. AdamAnt316

Nope. I was posting in the Turntables forum anyway, so that shouldn't have affected it.
    -Adam

9. petehall347

try reloading the page ..

10. AdamAnt316

I did, several times. It definitely seems to be linked to links. Even just placing the URLs for the links I want to post in the submit box causes the error message to pop up several seconds later, without even having clicked Post Reply. :dunno:
    -Adam

11. petehall347

most odd ..

12. teal'c

teal'c It's all moo

This is incorrect. Subscribers can delete, everyone can edit. After a certain length of time you can no longer edit posts and would need a mod to do it.

13. petehall347

members can edit anytime . if i remember correctly .

14. olson_jr

olson_jr AK Subscriber Subscriber

The same issue was happening with a single thread last week, I believe that thread was eventually closed for other reasons. Probably should report it to an on-duty Moderator or let Ernie @luvvinvinyl know.

After digging through my PM's I should note that it was only happening to me when I used Google Chrome, I could post in that thread using the Apple Safari web browser.

@AdamAnt316

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  15. petehall347

i have had it recently with other websites . reloading the page seems to fix it .. am running slimjet which is same as chrome but more control .

16. AdamAnt316

It seems to happen in any thread I try to post in. Oddly, in the thread where I first experienced the issue, I was able to place several links in the post I was writing. It was the last one which gave me issues, and only when I tried to post after adding it in. Here's a screenshot showing the error occurring after I merely type a URL into the text box for this thread:
    Screen shot 2018-07-13 at 5.40.17 PM.png

17. petehall347

all i can suggest is clearing cookies cache etc and see what happens .

18. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

I use Chrome and had some thread access problems and also an inability to post or edit some of my existing posts - all caused by the Photobucket Fix browser extension - disabling it and refreshing the browser resolved the issue immediately. ;)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  19. AdamAnt316

Best I can tell, the problem I'm having is having to do with one single link (seen in faint form at the bottom of the screenshot I posted above). It isn't limited to the forum proper, either; attempting to post it in PMs to Ernie also caused the error to pop up. Links to other audio-heritage.jp pages work fine, as do other links in general that I've tried. Guess it's some sort of forum oddity. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
    -Adam

20. chaskelljr63

chaskelljr63 AK Subscriber Subscriber

How do I either change the signature on my page, or add/increase what I put on my signature?

Example: "Audio System -- KEF Reference 102 w/KUBE; Adcom GFA-545 MkII; Adcom GFP-750; Magnum Dynalab FT-101; PS Audio GCPH; Thorens TD-160/Jelco SA-750D/Sumiko BPS EVO III; Oppo BDP-95; AudioQuest GBC Speaker Cables; AudioQuest C/Q Interconnects; Furman Elite-15 PFi; Record Cleaner; Record Doctor V"

And I want to put....

"System #1 -- KEF Reference 102 w/KUBE; Adcom GFA-545 MkII; Adcom GFP-750; Magnum Dynalab FT-101; PS Audio GCPH; Thorens TD-160/Jelco SA-750D/Sumiko BPS EVO III; Oppo BDP-95; Sennheiser HD-600; Oppo Digital HA-1; AudioQuest GBC Speaker Cables; AudioQuest C/Q Interconnects; Furman Elite-15 PFi; Record Cleaner; Record Doctor V

System #2 -- Sennheiser HD-600; NAD 3140; Schiit Mani; Technics SL-1210 M5G/Nagaoka MP-200; BlueSound NODE 2"

But every time I tried doing that, this always show up on my screen. What do I need to do in order to everything that is pictured above to show up in my signature, as opposed to seeing THIS below instead??

"Please correct the following errors:
    • Your signature is 133 character(s) too long.
    • Your signature is 1 line(s) too long"
    --Charles--