Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

Question for the Mods. I would like to go back to some older threads and fix the nuked photobucket links with flickr images. However, it looks like my posts are closed out at some point in time to editing. Is there a way around this, or are these old threads nuked by photobucket forever? And no, I don't want to pay them $33 a month for the privilege of linking my own pix.....

Question for the Mods. I would like to go back to some older threads and fix the nuked photobucket links with flickr images. However, it looks like my posts are closed out at some point in time to editing. Is there a way around this, or are these old threads nuked by photobucket forever? And no, I don't want to pay them $33 a month for the privilege of linking my own pix.....
to edit posts you need to subscribe mine has run out as it happens . mods can do it but they are busy already .

Was trying to post in a thread, when I got an error message box reading as such:

The following error occurred:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

I returned to the main page, went back into the thread, and was able to post the message from the auto-saved content. I then noticed that I'd forgotten to enter a link, clicked Edit, added said link, and when I tried to submit it, got the error again. Not sure if it's connected to links, or what. I got the error every time I tried to add a link or include a URL in this post. Very odd.
-Adam

Was trying to post in a thread, when I got an error message box reading as such:

The following error occurred:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

I returned to the main page, went back into the thread, and was able to post the message from the auto-saved content. I then noticed that I'd forgotten to enter a link, clicked Edit, added said link, and when I tried to submit it, got the error again. Not sure if it's connected to links, or what. I got the error every time I tried to add a link or include a URL in this post. Very odd.
-Adam

Did your subscription run out?

try reloading the page ..
I did, several times. It definitely seems to be linked to links. Even just placing the URLs for the links I want to post in the submit box causes the error message to pop up several seconds later, without even having clicked Post Reply. :dunno:
-Adam

i have had it recently with other websites . reloading the page seems to fix it .. am running slimjet which is same as chrome but more control .

It seems to happen in any thread I try to post in. Oddly, in the thread where I first experienced the issue, I was able to place several links in the post I was writing. It was the last one which gave me issues, and only when I tried to post after adding it in. Here's a screenshot showing the error occurring after I merely type a URL into the text box for this thread:
Screen shot 2018-07-13 at 5.40.17 PM.png

I use Chrome and had some thread access problems and also an inability to post or edit some of my existing posts - all caused by the Photobucket Fix browser extension - disabling it and refreshing the browser resolved the issue immediately. ;)

Last edited:
Best I can tell, the problem I'm having is having to do with one single link (seen in faint form at the bottom of the screenshot I posted above). It isn't limited to the forum proper, either; attempting to post it in PMs to Ernie also caused the error to pop up. Links to other audio-heritage.jp pages work fine, as do other links in general that I've tried. Guess it's some sort of forum oddity. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
-Adam

How do I either change the signature on my page, or add/increase what I put on my signature?

Example: "Audio System -- KEF Reference 102 w/KUBE; Adcom GFA-545 MkII; Adcom GFP-750; Magnum Dynalab FT-101; PS Audio GCPH; Thorens TD-160/Jelco SA-750D/Sumiko BPS EVO III; Oppo BDP-95; AudioQuest GBC Speaker Cables; AudioQuest C/Q Interconnects; Furman Elite-15 PFi; Record Cleaner; Record Doctor V"

And I want to put....

"System #1 -- KEF Reference 102 w/KUBE; Adcom GFA-545 MkII; Adcom GFP-750; Magnum Dynalab FT-101; PS Audio GCPH; Thorens TD-160/Jelco SA-750D/Sumiko BPS EVO III; Oppo BDP-95; Sennheiser HD-600; Oppo Digital HA-1; AudioQuest GBC Speaker Cables; AudioQuest C/Q Interconnects; Furman Elite-15 PFi; Record Cleaner; Record Doctor V

System #2 -- Sennheiser HD-600; NAD 3140; Schiit Mani; Technics SL-1210 M5G/Nagaoka MP-200; BlueSound NODE 2"

But every time I tried doing that, this always show up on my screen. What do I need to do in order to everything that is pictured above to show up in my signature, as opposed to seeing THIS below instead??

"Please correct the following errors:
  • Your signature is 133 character(s) too long.
  • Your signature is 1 line(s) too long"
--Charles--

Back
Top Bottom