Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

I don't seem to be able to reply to a post in 'Introductions'

UPDATE:
I can now post in the above sub-forum. ;)

Last edited:
I paid my $25 subscription renewal on August 17, 2018.
When logging in just now, I received an alert asking me to pay again.

I lost just over 40 posts - there was a database roll-back which means that the whole site will have had its content moved back - and backdated a day.

Many of us will have lost content and things like the_nines has experienced will have happened - and will need to be attended to again. For things as specific as this you should PM a Mod - like Luvvinvinyl for example and explain - he will put this right for you. However those who can see that their content (posts, likes, profile updates, etc) is missing will have to accept that it is gone forever.

We apparently experienced a 'DDoS attack' (= Denial of Service) - which means that malicious servers somewhere launched an attack via the Internet which choked up communications with this site thus dramatically slowing it down, seriously disrupting normal site functioning, and corrupting databases and indexes as a result.

This is just my guess at what happened, based on a few snippets of posts I have seen from Wardsweb about the recent problems. I hope there will be an official explanation provided in due course when the dust has settled, just so we all know what happened.

To get the site back 'up and running' after such an incident is a great deal of work. To have suffered relatively little disruption, and relatively small damage is a testament to the skill and dedication of Wardsweb and the other 'behind the scenes' staff who worked so hard to repair the damage. We owe them a huge debt of thanks.

Last edited:
Yes, I just sent a message to Luvvinvinyl as well as Wardsweb.
They must have plenty on their plate at the moment, but I'm sure all will be ok.
Thanks.

Yes, we have lost a day of posts. The database was unrepairable, after working on it for 48 hours. So, the site was restored using Friday morning's back up. I'm sorry for any lost posts, new members that will have to register again, and the frustration for not being able to get on this past weekend. We should be back to normal. Let me know if you encounter an forums where you cannot post or something seems glitchy.

Wait, so I had resubscribed on Friday and it was showing me the subscribers forums by Friday evening and the payment is showing in my account. But this morning I seem to no longer be showing as a subscriber. Are you saying I need to resubscribe and pay again? I paid through paypal.

something seems glitchy.

Search is definitely glitchy. and my post history is GONE from my profile. Searching for post that I made by my USER NAME in a particular area (bartertown for example) only brings up 1 post from this morning. - I tried searching for post that I can clearly see from other folks and it's hit or miss . some will show up, others ( even when typed exactly as they are written in the subject line) won't.

Last edited:
Wait, so I had resubscribed on Friday and it was showing me the subscribers forums by Friday evening and the payment is showing in my account. But this morning I seem to no longer be showing as a subscriber. Are you saying I need to resubscribe and pay again? I paid through paypal.
No, please pm Luvvinvinyl.

Same situation with me. Also paid with Paypal.

I don't think we should have to pay again. AK can always verify payment with their bank account.

Yes, I was in the same boat, losing my recent subscription renewal. An PM to luvinvinyl, and he took care of it.

Much appreciated!

- Jeff

clicking 'your content' - completely empty. oddly, clicking on 'likes received' takes you to those posts. also, private messages are all gone (not that I had a lot saved). not a complaint as much as an observation.

Sounds good Ernie. Except for when I click the button marked "POST REPLY", the spinning wheel just keeps on spinning. No post posted. Sometimes it will post, sometimes it will double or triple post. It seems like I have to copy, leave thread, then paste and hit reply again to get posts to appear.

Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom