Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

I posted a topic about transistor replacements in the McIntosh forum and can no longer find the thread listed in that forum or via search.

Hi there. I had posting issues just before AK went down for maintenance, and I also had a notice that my subscription was due. I paid right away, and Paypal shows it paid, but apparently AK hasn't cashed the check. Do I need to tell anyone, or will it catch up eventually?

Cheers.

Chris

Neither you, nor anyone else, can use any search-related functions, until the post database index gets rebuilt. Your posts are in the threads.

Any idea on timeframe for this? I ask, as I am trying to make sure I am not violating policy in posting stuff to Bartertown (looking at my previous ads, to relocate/delete if needed, to stay under the posting limit).

Regards,
Gordon.

I lost my last 4 days of pms... help, I have a bad memory :confused:

Yeah I think we may need a general announcement about PMs too. A number of mine have gone missing (including before the event) and I'm just PMing people telling them about the outage. Not everyone attends the site regularly enough to know what's going on.

It does seem to help to have email notifications turned on re: your conversations. I've gotten notices recently even though the messages are AWOL on site. Saved a bit of bacon here & there.

Security settings have been tweaked. I have deleted the multiple threads all dealing with issue so I can see only new issues since the settings were updated.

If you have an issue please post about it in this thread, so I can see them all in one place.

As issues arise, I can check your IP address and see what flag was tripped and then change that setting for all IP's.
I'm new and trying to create a post but see no options for creating a new post?

Post Reply is different from Start New Thread.

From the forum index page, select the sub-forum in which you want your thread, e.g. Speakers

Upper right-hand corner of the page, look for the Start New Thread button.

Create a title, type your post, and, Bob's your uncle.

Search seems to be working again, but not pulling up more recent threads (month old)... still indexing?

EDIT: My post is regarding the recent outage and database rebuild. I tried to find the thread where people were talking about that, but seem to be gone after the repair.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom