1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

Discussion in 'AK New Format' started by Wardsweb, Sep 15, 2016.

1. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

Please register to disable this ad.

2. MRL_Audio

MRL_Audio AK Subscriber Subscriber

Keep getting this error trying to send PM/Convo. Confused. Please advise...
    upload_2017-11-9_11-41-20.png

3. MRL_Audio

MRL_Audio AK Subscriber Subscriber

Still getting this error...

4. buglegirl

buglegirl In The Direction Of The Singularity Subscriber

Hiya,

I got it this morning trying to send someone in a PM tracking info.

Once I removed the quote's from the tracking info and just gave the simple USPS link things worked fine.

Has to be something with mod security or other security software in my case tripping some filter.

Frannie

5. Bogframe

Bogframe www.bogframe.com

Since Photobucket went to being a pay site, I have to revise my signature, but I can't find the user cp.

6. Dude111

Dude111 Analogue is Awesome

7. Bogframe

Thnks, and for those looking for a free image hosting site, I found this one: https://imgbb.com/

8. +48V

+48V hi-fi or die

FWIW...you can just use AK's server for posting images here. Much easier and efficient for the poster and postee. :)

Bill Ferris likes this.
  9. Bogframe

I can't seem to figure out how to start an album to do so.

10. ETLS

ETLS metacarpophalangealcranium Subscriber

Click on the media tab, and you'll see add media button.

Screenshot_2017-11-30-20-46-07.png

Bill Ferris and Bogframe like this.
  11. Bogframe

thanks, got it.

ETLS likes this.

12. AdamAnt316

AdamAnt316 Collector of heavy things Subscriber

My post count has dropped off precipitously compared to yesterday. I should have a post count of around 1,719 (1,720 after I post this), but it's currently reading around 1,702 (1,703 after this is posted). Database issues, or have a bunch of threads been culled for some reason? Hope it's nothing major.......... :eek:
    -Adam

13. KingBubba

KingBubba "Too Much Stuff" Subscriber

Today, I was trying to upload a picture file to a post and after three tries, I gave up. The file was well within the size limit. I am going to try to add it to this post. It acted like it was uploaded but nothing showed up with the post. Any assistance would be gratefully accepted. Thanks.

Today, being 12/19, I find that I can no longer edit my titles. I thought that that was one of the subscriber's extras. I gather from other posts that there are some other odd happenings on AK. This post has gone a week without any response. What is going on here?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  14. w5hro

w5hro AK Subscriber Subscriber

There is a problem when using Safari 11.x on this board. The upload button does not work for uploading attachments, pic or files. It's a problem with this slightly outdated version of XenForo. It has to do with the Flash Loader compared to HTML-5. Being that I also have my own XenForo board I know exactly what the problem is and it's going to get worse for users over time.

XenForo fixed the problem just a few revisions ago and you have to update the board to that or the the latest version of 1.5 to correct it. It's a real bummer because I use my Mac and Safari everywhere except for when here. I have to use Firefox here instead :(

15. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

could it be a codec problem in the browser ?

16. w5hro

Yes it is the browser, but the problem is not the with browser itself. Safari 11 is just more advanced with where everything is going.

I was able to make Safari 11 work here by unchecking the item below circled in red. That's where the problem is.

Untitled.png

If your board admin goes into the ACP and goes into the attachment settings he wont have both of the options below.

This is what I have with my XenForo 1.5.6 installation. XenForo added it just a few revisions ago to fix the problem.

Untitled2.png

17. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

is flash not a thing of the past ?

18. theophile

theophile Pheasant Plucker. Subscriber

Anyone who hasn't deleted or disabled it, Should.

19. w5hro

Many browsers still require the Flash uploader option to be enabled when posting on a XenForo board so both options should stay checked in the ACP and it will auto-default for whichever browser is being used.

The ones that want to use only HTML5 like Safari wont work here because the capability is simply missing with the older version that is installed and that's what I was saying so that checkbox needs to be unchecked in your user options if you are using an HTML5 only browser like me.

20. audiotemp

audiotemp Well-Known Member

You seem to be saying that everything works fine as long as you don't check "use the Flash-based uploader" box in your preferences when using your computer which doesn't have Flash on it. If there is a problem here with the forum you have failed to describe it clearly.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017