Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

Hiya,

I got it this morning trying to send someone in a PM tracking info.

Once I removed the quote's from the tracking info and just gave the simple USPS link things worked fine.

Has to be something with mod security or other security software in my case tripping some filter.

Frannie

My post count has dropped off precipitously compared to yesterday. I should have a post count of around 1,719 (1,720 after I post this), but it's currently reading around 1,702 (1,703 after this is posted). Database issues, or have a bunch of threads been culled for some reason? Hope it's nothing major.......... :eek:
-Adam

Today, I was trying to upload a picture file to a post and after three tries, I gave up. The file was well within the size limit. I am going to try to add it to this post. It acted like it was uploaded but nothing showed up with the post. Any assistance would be gratefully accepted. Thanks.

Today, being 12/19, I find that I can no longer edit my titles. I thought that that was one of the subscriber's extras. I gather from other posts that there are some other odd happenings on AK. This post has gone a week without any response. What is going on here?

Last edited:
There is a problem when using Safari 11.x on this board. The upload button does not work for uploading attachments, pic or files. It's a problem with this slightly outdated version of XenForo. It has to do with the Flash Loader compared to HTML-5. Being that I also have my own XenForo board I know exactly what the problem is and it's going to get worse for users over time.

XenForo fixed the problem just a few revisions ago and you have to update the board to that or the the latest version of 1.5 to correct it. It's a real bummer because I use my Mac and Safari everywhere except for when here. I have to use Firefox here instead :(

There is a problem when using Safari 11.x on this board. The upload button does not work for uploading attachments, pic or files. It's a problem with this slightly outdated version of XenForo. It has to do with the Flash Loader compared to HTML-5. Being that I also have my own XenForo board I know exactly what the problem is and it's going to get worse for users over time.

XenForo fixed the problem just a few revisions ago and you have to update the board to that or the the latest version of 1.5 to correct it. It's a real bummer because I use my Mac and Safari everywhere except for when here. I have to use Firefox here instead :(
could it be a codec problem in the browser ?

could it be a codec problem in the browser ?

Yes it is the browser, but the problem is not the with browser itself. Safari 11 is just more advanced with where everything is going.

I was able to make Safari 11 work here by unchecking the item below circled in red. That's where the problem is.

Untitled.png

If your board admin goes into the ACP and goes into the attachment settings he wont have both of the options below.

This is what I have with my XenForo 1.5.6 installation. XenForo added it just a few revisions ago to fix the problem.

Untitled2.png

is flash not a thing of the past ?

Many browsers still require the Flash uploader option to be enabled when posting on a XenForo board so both options should stay checked in the ACP and it will auto-default for whichever browser is being used.

The ones that want to use only HTML5 like Safari wont work here because the capability is simply missing with the older version that is installed and that's what I was saying so that checkbox needs to be unchecked in your user options if you are using an HTML5 only browser like me.

I was able to make Safari 11 work here by unchecking the item below circled in red. That's where the problem is.

The ones that want to use only HTML5 like Safari wont work here because the capability is simply missing with the older version that is installed and that's what I was saying so that checkbox needs to be unchecked in your user options if you are using an HTML5 only browser like me.

You seem to be saying that everything works fine as long as you don't check "use the Flash-based uploader" box in your preferences when using your computer which doesn't have Flash on it. If there is a problem here with the forum you have failed to describe it clearly.

Last edited:
You seem to be saying that everything works fine as long as you don't check "use the Flash-based uploader" box in your preferences when using your computer which doesn't have Flash on it. If there is a problem here with the forum you have failed to describe it clearly.

What ???

It's a problem with the older version of xenforo installed here. It simply wont support all of the new browsers with HTLM5. That is the problem and is the reason why myself and others couldn't get the upload button to work when clicking on it until disabling the flash uploader. The board was trying to make our browsers use that and it wont work.

Anyway, I only posted what's going on to try and help because I realized what was happening and why. I also have an xenforo board myself (https://analogforever.net) and I remember when they fixed the problem. Xenforo added the new HTML5 support so the uploader will pop up just like it does with the flash uploader and it will look and work the same. The only way to correct it is to upgrade the board.

Hope that helps...

Last edited:
w5hro said:

Cant you just use the flash or reg uploader? (I dunno why you are forced to use HTML5 if you dont want to)

petehall347 said:
is flash not a thing of the past ?

Not at all buddy..... I use flash alot..... I play games,etc :)

w5hro said:
It's a problem with the older version of xenforo installed here. It simply wont support all of the new browsers with HTLM5. That is the problem and is the reason why myself and others couldn't get the upload button to work when clicking on it until disabling the flash uploader.

Yes im on IE6 and I have flash uploader disabled and it works fine with a reg uploader...... (Its not a flash uploader,its a reg tradional file uploader like ya see on most sites)

Can ya do that buddy??

EDIT:

I see you say you did disable it,im sorry.......

EDIT2:

I just checked USE FLASH UPLOADER and the site still gave me the reg uploader..... That means it can detect what browser your using and give you the right one regardless......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom