Can't Use Quote Feature

Almost every forum I frequent has changed to Xenfro.
I don't get it.
Maybe they pay people to use it?

I hate change.

As the Great Helen Keller once said, "Quit moving the *&%^$ing furniture around!"

Almost every forum I frequent has changed to Xenfro.
I don't get it.
Maybe they pay people to use it?
Beaten to death. V Bulletin was full of hacks and this site was slow as a snail.

The management here had a choice. Wait for the site to die of spam/malware/lack of stability , upgrade to a mucho horrible and expensive V Bulletin or go with Xenforo

If they had gone in any direction other than Xenforo we would have nothing to complain about other than the death of the Audio Karma site.

And I say this with over 25 years dealing with the Internet in a security/administrative role running my own company.

This second guessing needs to stop IMHO.

Frannie

Beaten to death. V Bulletin was full of hacks and this site was slow as a snail.

The management here had a choice. Wait for the site to die of spam/malware/lack of stability , upgrade to a mucho horrible and expensive V Bulletin or go with Xenforo

If they had gone in any direction other than Xenforo we would have nothing to complain about other than the death of the Audio Karma site.

And I say this with over 25 years dealing with the Internet in a security/administrative role running my own company.

This second guessing needs to stop IMHO.

Frannie

Fair enough.

“I hate change”

My suspicions are confirmed everyday on here :D

A lot of get off my lawn folks frequent AK ;)
Fortunately, or unfortunately, I wasn't here before the change, so I know no better. :) (as far as this site goes)
But yeah, get off my lawn!
deGOh8k.gif

Maybe I missed it, but what is the difference between the QUOTE and the REPLY features?
I thought it might be only the Multi-Quote ability but it looks like that works if you Multi-Reply.

Multi-quote is really useful when you want to collect quotes from different threads and post them in other threads. For most other purposes, reply works just as well.

Maybe I missed it, but what is the difference between the QUOTE and the REPLY features?
I thought it might be only the Multi-Quote ability but it looks like that works if you Multi-Reply.
The multi-quote feature lets you pick quotes from different threads, plus the overlay when you click "Insert Quotes" lets you drag and drop to rearrange the quotes, and delete those quotes you may have changed your mind on, before pasting them in.

That is where the multi-quote feature is failing though--when the overlay is called.

But one could do the same thing with a copy and paste of the quote or reply one wants to move.
For those not familiar with HTML, editing in or around QUOTE tags could be a bit daunting. I see it often in another forum I frequent where there are malformed quotes because of the user's lack of knowledge of HTML.

My laptop keyboard is acting up. Can you please have someone look into this.
Don't do what I did--pour root beer into it. Like I did on my MS Natural keyboard back in 1997. Had to totally disassemble it, clean everything and dry it before plugging it back in. At least it was diet root beer, so it did not have so much of that sticky stuff all over the innards.

Back
Top Bottom