Cardas Cross Score and Question

Wolverine

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
F1BBC3A6-9BB5-49D3-A4A9-71FE7368BA62.jpeg While attending a local Estate Sale with a fellow AK’er I came across a pile of what I am assuming based on labeling are Cardas Cross interconnects. I ended up with two pair and a orphan interconnect and a orphan XLR cable. The previous owner had labeled them using masking tape and I think these were used at one point with connecting a Classe amp based on the label. I know these are considered high end cables but do they work better in some applications than others when there is a need for interconnect cables?

Attachments

• 6404C476-4236-470C-85E5-959A75F13D82.jpeg
    6404C476-4236-470C-85E5-959A75F13D82.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Nice score and these are a recent configuration since the 1st generation were a burgundy color. The recent configuration benefited from using what they learned from there Golden Cross flagship cable at the time. Great with Solid State gear,lends warmth to its sound.These are directional,make sure the lettering goes to your pre amp,integrated amp or reciever from source.
enjoy,new today runs you around 450.00.

9FBB57CB-BCAD-432E-A0EF-CB8694BF1BCD.jpeg
Nice score and these are a recent configuration since the 1st generation were a burgundy color. The recent configuration benefited from using what they learned from there Golden Cross flagship cable at the time. Great with Solid State gear,lends warmth to its sound.These are directional,make sure the lettering goes to your pre amp,integrated amp or reciever from source.

Thanks for the info! Can you elaborate what you mean when you say the lettering goes to the source? Most directional cables use arrows and so with that in mind I was thinking that the little icons that look like a pointer go towards the source. See pic.

That's only for your benefit when connecting interconnects to other equipment. Electricity knows no direction so the arrows don't mean anything electrically.

Well at this point I am going to use them to connect my Adcom 555 and 535 to the Sherbourn preamp. Will give them a listen after listening to my other score of the day - Aerial Acoustics SR3 speakers! (See separate thread) :D

That's only for your benefit when connecting interconnects to other equipment. Electricity knows no direction so the arrows don't mean anything electrically.
But these are built with a shield that is probably drained only on one end of the cable. Now what to do? The electrons will only exit through that drain and if installed backwards, the cable might fill up and leak or something, IDK about that part but I do know about directional cables. Let's not make a war out of this nice pickup by Wolverine, just commenting about the extra conductor in the cable.

Well at this point I am going to use them to connect my Adcom 555 and 535 to the Sherbourn preamp. Will give them a listen after listening to my other score of the day - Aerial Acoustics SR3 speakers! (See separate thread) :D
Oh my, what to do. The previous comment was to put the lettering to the source but you are not connecting a source as we think of it but amps and preamp. Sure am curious how we handle that one.

Oh my, what to do. The previous comment was to put the lettering to the source but you are not connecting a source as we think of it but amps and preamp. Sure am curious how we handle that one.

Well as I mentioned I have what I am calling a pointer going into the preamp. I am sure electrons or not I am not going to blow anything up if I get the direction wrong. And thank you for putting the right perspective on this. The purchase price to value ratio is off the charts on this find .....:banana:

Plug them into back of Pre amp to the amp. From the picture you posted the end in your right hand goes into amp,the end in your left hand goes into pre amp (source). The arrow end shaped like > is the direction. Enjoy.. You always go source > to pre amp but the amp is the source to your speakers. Cd Player(source) Tuner(source) Turntable(source) to pre amp. Pre amp to amp(source) amp to Speakers(source).
By the way nice car in the background,a classic.

Plug them into back of Pre amp to the amp. From the picture you posted the end in your right hand goes into amp,the end in your left hand goes into pre amp (source). The arrow end shaped like > is the direction. Enjoy.. You always go source > to pre amp but the amp is the source to your speakers. Cd Player(source) Tuner(source) Turntable(source) to pre amp. Pre amp to amp(source) amp to Speakers(source).
By the way nice car in the background,a classic.

Thank you!!
I would have had it backwards!

Back
Top Bottom