Carl Richard of Carl's Custom Loudspeakers (of CT) has passed

Discussion in 'AK News' started by 80sKid, Nov 18, 2017.

1. 80sKid

80sKid Who You Calling A Kid?

I know that a few AK members have had their speakers repaired or modded by Carl Richard of Carl's Custom Loudspeakers (of Enfield, Connecticut). So I thought that I should let everyone know that he recently passed away.

He and I were friends and both board members of the Connecticut Audio Society, and thus I knew him quite well. He was among the most genuine and pleasant people I've ever met. He always wished everyone well and was encouraging and helpful to many DIY audio guys. We will miss him.

-Chris Hart

Carl E. Richard, 74, of Enfield, beloved husband and best friend of 50 years to Sandra (Drumm) Richard, passed away November 11, 2017 after courageously battling cancer for over 20 years. He was the most loving father to daughter, Jennifer and her husband, Rich Cecarelli, and son, Jason and his wife, April. He took tremendous joy and great pride in being a "Papa" to his grandchildren, Charlotte and Andy Cecarelli, and Liliana and Maxwell Richard. Born August 8, 1943, Carl was the youngest son of Imelda Richard and was predeceased by his sister Rita, and brothers Harry and Raymond Richard. He grew up in Windsor Locks, CT. He graduated from STCC with an Associate's Degree in Machine Design and later WNEC with a Bachelor's of Business. Carl worked for Ahlstrom Dexter in Windsor Locks for 32 years as a Research and Design Engineer, and retired at the age of 62 to explore his many interests. Carl had many hobbies. He learned to play guitar in his early years before discovering a love for photography, and later audio speaker building and classical music. He loved watching the Red Sox and the Patriots play. He was an avid bowler, scoring a perfect 300 game in 2001. Carl also enjoyed traveling, cooking, fine wine and always had a curious, investigative mind. His favorite quote was "Love one another, we're all we've got." Carl's family wishes to thank the staff at the St. Francis Cancer Center for all of their care and support throughout the years. Services have been entrusted to Leete-Stevens Enfield Chapels. A celebration of Carl's life will be held privately. Donations in Carl's memory may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital[​IMG], 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105. For more information, or to leave online expressions of condolence, please visit www.Leetestevens.com.

Published in The Hartford Courant on Nov. 14, 2017

Attached Files:

StimpyWan likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Dude111

Dude111 Analogue is Awesome

Thank you :(

Very sad.......

3. DavidR623

DavidR623 Active Member

Sad news indeed. His knowledge and willingness to share it will be missed.

4. StimpyWan

StimpyWan AK Subscriber Subscriber

Carl was AK member "spkrdtr". Maybe members will recognize his avatar?

[​IMG]
    I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. R.I.P. :(:angel:

SPL db likes this.
  5. ETLS

ETLS metacarpophalangealcranium Subscriber

Thank you for letting us know, and my condolences to you and the family.

6. Northwinds

Northwinds Huh? Turn what down? Subscriber

Damn, I did not even know this business existed and I am 30 minutes or so from Enfield! So sorry to hear of another AK member's passing, rest in peace and condolences to the family and friends of Carl

7. trinhsman

trinhsman AK Subscriber Subscriber

So sad to hear. I talked with him several times about doing some crossover work on my Snells. A very kind and generous man. Him and only 1 other person I have talked to did I feel safe with those crossovers. Carl will be missed

8. baco99

baco99 AK Subscriber Subscriber

9. moebuster

moebuster AK Subscriber Subscriber

10. Rome

Rome Holsum Honey Buns Subscriber

Sorry to hear of his passing!

Rome

11. SPL db

SPL db It's all about the music! Subscriber

Missed this thread the first time around, sorry to hear of this news... RIP Carl! :bye:

12. Nautiker

Nautiker AK Subscriber Subscriber

Sorry to read of Carl's passing - I liked his website, was thinking of getting him to recap my KLH Model Fives... {sigh}... RIP, Carl!

13. mech986

mech986 Text ↓ optional Posts:>18,000 Subscriber

RIP to another artisan and craftsman in the audio business, I know he helped many many folks to keep music flowing in their homes.