Carolina BBQ anyone?

cableguy

In Twang We Trust
Since Kam will be bringing wings I thought I would bring 20 pounds Premium Fuzzy's Carolina BBQ. No need to take orders, I'm just going to bring it along and share with the group. All we will need are some burger buns and a couple of chafers.

Last edited:
I do hope you Damyankees & Canucks and all other similarly deprived species will get to try this- there is bbq & then there is Carolina Barbecue....Kinda like the difference between "Lightning Bug" & "Lightning"....another reminder of the Innate Superiority of the South....<grin>

newfoundlander canuckle head eh???? i represent that remark and my momma will too I miss the great white north 50 weeks out of the year but for two i'm in heaven see ya this summer

If you're a Newfie, shouldn't your sig line read: :zippity doo dah zippity eh what a wonderful day !!

Eh?

That would be the difference. In the South, BBQ is a noun. The North uses it as a verb.

Nobody in N. Carolina would say, "let's barbeque." It would be, "Let's smoke a pig."

There are also about five different styles of BBQ in N. Carolina. To say that you like one over another can start a fight. So just smile and nod when you taste it.

rocdad said:
That would be the difference. In the South, BBQ is a noun. The North uses it as a verb.

Nobody in N. Carolina would say, "let's barbeque." It would be, "Let's smoke a pig."

There are also about five different styles of BBQ in N. Carolina. To say that you like one over another can start a fight. So just smile and nod when you taste it.

Excellent point, what I'm bringing is Fuzzy's "lexington" or tomato based BBQ. Fuzzy's has been doing BBQ in Rockingham county for over 50 years.......but that said, it's only one of a couple of distinct BBQ's from N. Carolina

I like anything that's tomato based, except for Ketchup, or Catsup, whatever the hell it is, call me weird!

In SC, where I was raised, the mustard based version rules, esp. on poultry.

If you ever have a chance to try Maurices' Piggy Park sauce, by all means do so. It is fanfriggin'tastic. :thmbsp:

Or make your own, by my "secret recipe":

2 cups prepared mustard
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup honey
1 medium Vidalia or other sweet onion, minced
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ground white pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper

Combine ingredients in sauce pan and simmer, stirring frequently, until onions and garlic are tender.

Great on pork & chicken.

Oh yeah! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom