Carver SD/A-490T CD Tray Belt Replacement Question

tonefoto

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I bought a Carver SD/A-490T that needed a tray belt replaced. Bought the belt and tried to slip the belt over the pulley with no success. Zero clearance between top of tray transport pulley and tray rail. Nothing on the Carver user forum, just a lot of questions that never get responses on belt replacement technique. If anybody knows how this can be done I'd appreciate hearing from you before I resort to removing the entire transport just to get the stupid belt on.

I eventually decided to go the primitive man route and just pry back the two rail stops at the front of the tray's rail to get it to clear the pulley. This seemed easier than pulling apart the whole transport to get this simple task completed.

Tried the prying trick. Broke the left one. Thought I needed a new belt, but just cleaned the pulleys and old belt with rubbing alcohol and it works, even with a broken rail stop, since the other one is still intact. I epoxied the broken one. Hopefully it will hold but if not, it's not really necessary.

Back
Top Bottom